Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010+ T5.2 battery life span

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by REVHE4D View Post
    My battery is dying, went away for a week and then have had a flat battery. I left it on trickle charge overnight so I could start it, but it won't hold full charge. Battery is almost 5 years old.
    I am going to get a new battery tomorrow and would prefer Bosch due to the brand, I notice on the battery world website they don't stock them.
    Were would I get a Bosch one?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    From the IBD (independent battery distributors).
    Regarding Optima batteries; when buying an expensive battery, keep in mind that it could be seating on the shelf for very long time because they don't sell as often as others and may not even last. May Optima battery lasted less than 4 years.
    If you want battery that charges fast and handles discharging better than std batteries? Get an AGM battery (Bosch S6).
    Personally, I'd use the 100Ah battery instead, since it woul cost less than the AGM one.

Users Country Flag
    I ended up going with the Varta H3 for $409. I needed it this morning and it was from battery world. No more revs changing when my aircon is on something I have always noticed with the standard battery.
    I think the battery Vw put in these are way to small, is this another cost cutting?
    Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    2011 T5 4MOTION Duel Cab Optioned up.

Read my post on brakes REVHEAD VW cost cutting is rife by the looks of it .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12