Thread: 2008 Multivan

2008 Multivan

Hi All
    I own a 2008 MultiVan and want to remove the original stereo and replace it with a CarPlay (Bluetooth) unit . I know this has prob been asked a number of times but could someone please tell me where and what I can buy to replace this head unit. Something plug and play ( like easy to instal) would be good for me Any help would be much appreciated
    Mark 😉

Users Country Flag
    This resonates with me. For the first time in maybe 5 years, my stereo chose to go through it's s**t, I'll scare you explosive reset during a quiet drive with gentle music - the fault my dealer & VW refused to take responsibility for way back then.

Users Country Flag
    I replaced mine with a cheap Chinese Hizpo head unit . I installed a reversing camera at the same time.
    It works well. I bought the exact same one for my wife’s Golf.
    It was plug and play. Adapted to can bus. All the controls worked and comes up with the car status every time something changes in the car. Eg. aircon and doors etc.
    there are more expensive pioneer and Sony ones that are compatible, but I do not have any experience with them .
    Something like below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/3027215669

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

The RCD330+ gives you CarPlay (and Android Auto if you get the right unit) and is basically plug and play...except the reversing camera if you have one. Worst case you need a wiring adaptor or two, but it's essentially plug and play.

Same issues with upgrading older Golfs to newer headunits around battery drain and needing to replace the CANBUS, although I don't recall the details off the top of my head if that's needed for your multi or not.

Plan B is an Aerpro facia kit and wiring harness adaptor if you want to go with any other double din unit on the market with the same caveats around battery drain to be confirmed.

We have a Pioneer CarPlay unit in out 2010 T5GP (upgraded from another Pioneer that was installed by the dealer at time of purchase)
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 16-03-2021 at 04:41 PM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit