Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.0TDI Engine - EGR cooler failures

Considering a 2016 T6 Camper with 42K on it. That's not many Ks for a 5 year old diesel. It has a full service history. I am leaning towards new but am attracted to the savings and lack of waiting time offered by the second hand one.

Given the issues reported above, and in particular it seems this vehicle has either been sitting around or a lot worse, doing short trips, what about simply biting the bullet and getting a new EGR filter and cooler fitted and figuring that into the overall cost, or do you think that's a bit over-cautious. TIA

Users Country Flag
    My T5 had an EGR change @ about 280k (I think) and might be due for another one @ over 400k.
    The 2018 Crafter seems to blow them every 140k.
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Anyone have ane experience with the $200 egr valves on ebay?
    Where does one find the OEM part no. for your particular model?

Users Country Flag
    I own a 2011 Tiguan 2.0 Tdi... It used 2 litres of oil with a recent (2400km) trip... Most of that oil ended up on my trailer behind the vehicle

I've been under the vehicle and removed the belly plates... The oil seems to come from somewhere behind the engine, under the DPF... This is where the EGR cooler sits... The leak does not seem to come from the turbo oil supply/return lines...

Could a faulty EGR cooler cause this amount of oil leak? I did not use/loose a drop of coolant, just oil...

For me to try and pin point the leak, I will need to remove the DPF, which is a HUGE task (drop sub-frame and remove driveshaft)... And only then I would be able to see what parts I need...

If I know for sure it could be the EGR cooler, then I could buy one before I start to strip...

Vehicle has 185k km.

Any suggestions as to a replacement EGR cooler ?

Thanks

Hi My T5 Engine number is CFC064572 on the ERG plate has an A at the end and mine is the twin turbo 132Kw MY12 model. Is that still classed as a CFCA motor?
    Thanks Nick
    Last edited by nickxvw; 28-01-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Users Country Flag

Yes it is nick.
    2014 T5 132Kw Twin Turbo, 2016 "D" Suffix EGR Cooler, 4 Motion, 7Spd DSG + Diff Lock, Frontline Camper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12