Support VWWC

Thread: 2.0L AXA Engine Oil Breather/Filter System

Users Country Flag

2.0L AXA Engine Oil Breather/Filter System

Hi All,

Recently bought a 2007 T5 with the 2.0L (AXA) engine.
    Pretty bad oil leak so started pulling the inlet manifold to see whats going on seemed to be leaking from the area under there.

Found what can only be described as a hole. Need to pull off the bottom part of the inlet manifold to verify, but looking on parts diagrams it appears I'm missing whatever #19 is on this parts diagram.

The part numbers and descriptions stop at 18 for some reason.

Anyone familiar with what this is. Looks like it should just clip in. Not sure whats happened for it to be missing, but the car still runs just with a rough misfire under load.
    2.0L AXA Engine Oil Breather/Filter System-screen-shot-2021-08-07-4-56-28-pm-png

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So i managed to find the "end cap" that VW call it and I've ordered it, but i'm pretty sure its not whats missing. There is a hose loose coming from the air inlet pipe just after the MAF sensor runs down under the inlet manifold where it connects to a plastic piece.

My plastic piece is broken and was just blowing oil vapour all over the block, so its hard to know exactly what I'm missing, but judging from the open hole above the oil filter housing and this loose hose I'm missing a connecting hose.

Anyone got an ideas?

So far I'm looking at parts:
    06A 103 213
    03C 103 493 AM
    06F 103 217

I assume you got this sorted since it was a couple of years ago but I was curious?

I have a similar problem, found a pipe with the end snapped off leaving a hole similar to what you describe.

The broken pipe is 06A103217C and runs from the 'hole' up to another hose and then to the intake pipe.

i just need to check if that pipe is going to the part in your picture or not.