Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1999 T4 Caravelle / Transporter Speedo Sensor. Help wanted.

Thanks for your post. I had already seen this youtube clip, but it is of no help.
    I do have a schematic wiring diagram, but it is of no help either, except for when I worked on the cluster.
    The cluster and connections at the cluster are now all OK.
    I may just take it to a mechanic,or auto electrician to fix.....HUGE EXPENSE.
    I was hoping someone may have a transmission out of vehicle and be able to have posted a photo showing the sensor.
    Cheers and thanks once again David.

Users Country Flag
    Speedo/fuel gauge not working HELP PLEASE | VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum
    Found this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again. I had also seen this thread a few weeks ago. Still was of no use. I have undone a lot of wiring looms coming through the fire wall, and can not find any faulty wiring. I really need to find the sensor and then put a volt meter across the wiring at that point, and also measure the sensor. If the the sensor measures okay, then I can follow the wiring loom from the sensor back to the dash by putting a signal in to the cable. I do think that the tdi version is different to the 2.5 litre petrol version. And then I also know that the early 2.5 litre versions are different again to mine.
    But thanks very much for your help.

Users Country Flag
    Any local VW clubs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, Ha, Ha. None any where near me. There are old VW's on the road, but I havent seen any club. Anyhow, my van is now off the road at this moment due to faulty fuel received, when purchased last week, and looking expensive to fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12