Thread: 18" steel wheels

18" steel wheels

Hi does anyone know of 18" steel wheels available in Australia for a Transporter?

Found some in UK for about $850 without tyres.. Stitches and Steel – STITCHES + STEEL

I like the stock look but the bigger wheels fill out the wheel arch better

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The freight would probably kill that option , if they were available stock on some Aussie vans I would be certain someone on here will have a set laying around . Good luck hope you find some locally I know I gave away our steel wheels not long after we bought our new van in 2012 , Koya make T5 approved wheels XJ 1 BE 17″18″(Custom Fit)

Users Country Flag
    You can get them banded and powder coated as well for around 2400 AUD delivered,

no tires

Users Country Flag
    Just giving this thread a bump as I've been hunting around for a larger set of steel wheels with no luck. From what I can see, the US and UK Amaroks came with 18" steel wheels and are pretty cheap and easy to find over there. I saw a T6 down in Melbourne a few weeks ago with these wheels, looked great.

Have to agree, wishing they were available in Aus:

Stitches and Steel 18" steel wheels with All Terrain Tyres | VW T6 Transporter Forum (t6forum.com)

This looks awesome.

Users Country Flag
    I think you'll find that these wheels are actually a spare from maybe a Range Rover/Land Rover and Stitches and Steel just buy 4 to make a set and add the appropriate size tyre.

Maybe contact them and ask?

Users Country Flag

These wheels, there are 7.5" in width, whereas the genuine Multivan 18" wheels are 8". I have my Multivan on the genuine 18"x8", and handling feels great, much better than it was on the previous 17x7 genuine wheels. 7.5" width will be too narrow for 255 width tyres from the handling perspective.

Amarok wheels ... the offset is a bit different. I also used tried out the 17x8 Amarok wheels, it was not a pleasant experience, probably due to their different offset.

If I could find 18x8 steel wheels for Multivan, I'd buy them my self, as I expect them to be lighter than the alloys, as the genuine allows are the power-pressed variety, and thus are very heavy in some designs.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.