Thread: Rear Wipers

Users Country Flag

Rear Wipers

G'day,

I have a MY11 Caddy Maxi Life with a tailgate and I need to replace the wiper blades.

The dealer was not interested in doing the replacement when it had its 145,000 km service in June but said they would let me know when they were available, but nothing from them.

I hunted high and low and some outlets have the fronts, none have the rear blade. the closest they can do is the rear for a Golf. The blade is the same length but the attachment to the arm is like for the fronts and not the forceful pull on the standard one.

So, a couple of choices.

The first is to change the arm and fit the Golf arm. Not sure how feasible this is or if it will even fit. This would then be a stock blade.

The other is to gently slip the rubber end retainer off a Golf blade assembly, slide the wiper rubber out, then on the existing blade, remove the old end retainer remove the old blade rubber, slide in the new blade rubber and fit the new end retainer.

I am told the blades are the same length and the end retainers should be removable given it had to be assembled in the first place.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by wai View Post
    G'day,

I have a MY11 Caddy Maxi Life with a tailgate and I need to replace the wiper blades.

The dealer was not interested in doing the replacement when it had its 145,000 km service in June but said they would let me know when they were available, but nothing from them.

I hunted high and low and some outlets have the fronts, none have the rear blade. the closest they can do is the rear for a Golf. The blade is the same length but the attachment to the arm is like for the fronts and not the forceful pull on the standard one.

So, a couple of choices.

The first is to change the arm and fit the Golf arm. Not sure how feasible this is or if it will even fit. This would then be a stock blade.

The other is to gently slip the rubber end retainer off a Golf blade assembly, slide the wiper rubber out, then on the existing blade, remove the old end retainer remove the old blade rubber, slide in the new blade rubber and fit the new end retainer.

I am told the blades are the same length and the end retainers should be removable given it had to be assembled in the first place.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Wipertech list the rear blade and their website seems to indicate as stock avaialable.

Wiper Blades for Volkswagen Caddy (2007 - 2015)
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Unfortunately not when ordered.

I have checked with other suppliers and they are either out of stock or they show them with a press button similar to the windscreen wipers and not the push on type on the MY11 rear wiper.
    Last edited by wai; 24-09-2023 at 09:37 AM.
    --