Thread: Lowering the front on a 2012 VW Caddy Maxi / No coilovers!

Users Country Flag

Lowering the front on a 2012 VW Caddy Maxi / No coilovers!

Hi all,

I have the rear axle flip kit (super low) in transit from darkside in the UK and I looking at my options for the front without going down the coilover route. I have read previous threads and there seems to be a few options from H&R and Eibach springs. I am looking for a quite a substantial drop as the van will be used heavily for my art business in the new financial year. Tax man depending BBS RS and a front lip kit will be fitted.

Do I run MKV Golf struts and springs to get lower than standard available VW Caddy springs? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

Users Country Flag
    I think running mk5 gti shocks and springs gives you around 50mm drop. But you need to have a look at your front axle weight compared to a gti. It might be different and potentially dangerous.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks psyone. I am waiting on a suspension place to get back to me on a quote for MKV shocks and springs. I nearly bought the H&R springs but was concerned the drop of 40mm - 50mm would be pointless.

Users Country Flag
    40mm on springis noticeable. how come you dont want to go the coilover route? If you want a serious drop then thats probably the best option

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have drove a mates short wheel base Caddy and it was on KW coilovers and to me the ride was quite stiff and unforgiving on bumpy roads. With mine being a LWB I am looking at options to achieve the drop I am after and also not compromising too much on driving comfort.

I have a mate who put Mazda 2 front springs in as a direct lower replacement. His Caddy has a great ride feel.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyShack16 View Post
    I have a mate who put Mazda 2 front springs in as a direct lower replacement. His Caddy has a great ride feel.
    Until he is involved in an accident and the insurance company finds out.

Hi all, I have the rear axle flip kit (super low) in transit from darkside in the UK and I looking at my options for the front without going down the.
    Last edited by junaid1122; 13-08-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Going down the what? Your link goes to this thread?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk