Thread: Light bulbs

Users Country Flag

Light bulbs

G'day,

My MY11 Caddy Maxi Life has thrown an error asking me to check the left sidelight. The bulb is not on, but I cannot find anywhere where the type of light bulb I need to replace it.

I am not sure I will be able to get in to replace it, but any idea as to what bulb I should try and get hold of to replace it?

This is the one that goes into the bottom of the DRL.

Also, I have searched for a clip to give me some idea as to how to replace it without any luck.

Thanks.
    --

Users Country Flag
    Unfortunately my MY11 Caddy Life does not have the same premium headlights that you MY11 Maxi Caddy Life has. However, have a look in the user manual, there should be instructions on how to change the sidelights in the manual. The manual may tell you the type of lightbulb you require. If not, follow the instructions and remove the light bulb, take it to an automotive parts retailer (like Super Cheap or Repco) and find the matching bulb. Alternatively, see the Parts Department of your local VW Dealer and they will sell you a VW OEM bulb at a "slightly" higher price point.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Use this as a rough guide (spec of lights for Caddy's might be different in the UK) but it suggests they should be just normal T10 bulbs which will be around $5 for OEM replacements or around $10 for a whiter crisper light like Philips white vision: 501 W5W Wedge Bulbs for Cars
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks. The manual goes through a procedure, but I've seen different ones as well. I have gone through all the manuals but they do not give the type of bulbs away.

Thanks.
    --

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks. I'll give it a go. Its just that it is approaching 40 deg C that is off-putting at the moment

I used to keep a block of foam rubber with cuts in it to push in a whole lot of spare bulbs. I have rarely used it, but will look through and see if there is one in it.
    --

Users Country Flag

That T10 looks about right (if I put your vehicle into the SuperCheap vehicle part finder that comes up as one of the bulbs and it is the same bulb used in the sidelight on my Golf Mk5).

When you change the globes, put a glove on or hold the globe in a plastic bag. Otherwise, the oils on the skin your fingers will get left on the globe, causing the globe to overheat and reducing the life of the globe.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP