Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caddy TDI inlet clean

Thumbs up Caddy TDI inlet clean

Hey guys.

I did the inlet flush that Andrew has been raving on about to me for a couple of months now..

Definitely worth it if your Caddy has done over 50k. Mine's done 65 and the difference it made was impressive.

It's smoother on trailing throttle (very light throttle), more responsive and pulls harder too. It also seems to come on boost more smoothly. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Here's what i did.

I pulled the pressure side intercooler hose off and sprayed the stuff in with the engine idling. This worked OK but if i wasn't careful it dribbled back out.

I ended up slipping the hose back over, jamming the nozzle under it and into the inlet. Then i grabbed a rag and sealed it off so it couldn't blow back out. Squirting it in, in increments as the engine didn't really like it too much and idled pretty rough if you squirted it in too fast (i actually caused it to stall at one point!).

All in all i'd definitely recommend it. Go see your mechanic if you don't like doing these things yourself and ask them about it. Not sure what it's worth as the old man have a couple of boxes full of the stuff he got from a retiring Wynns rep.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag
    cleaning my inlet manifold has been crossing my mind a bit of late with my car just ticking over 80k today.

Where do you get that stuff?

So basically you squirt it down the guts of the inlet to the manifold?
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan View Post
    cleaning my inlet manifold has been crossing my mind a bit of late with my car just ticking over 80k today.

Where do you get that stuff?

So basically you squirt it down the guts of the inlet to the manifold?
    Most automotive shops should sell it. And yes, it's pretty much that simple. You just need a compressor for the vacuum generator as i couldn't find a vacuum line to hook it into.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone with a DPF should be wary of doing this just quietly, but a must do for any non DPF'ers!!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    I actually use the Wynns high pressure 3 direct into the throttle body. This stuff is designed for all late deisels, especially the DBF types.
    I do it on each desel VW that comes into my workshop and the surprise on my customers faces is great!
    This kit comes with a thin tube with 3 very fine holes which sprays out into the maniflod, the idea is to try and clean at the actual valve arrangment on the late model vehicles.
    Takes all of 5 minutes to do,
    Glad you have found a difference Preeny doing the clean using the early type cleaner. My clean gave my Caddy made about 50% difference to the power that the Oettinger reflash did!
    Cheers, Andrew
    Par 6 Golf GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH Wheels, APR'd
    Caddy van 05/07 (colourcoded) (BRIGHT! orange!) coilovers, Konis 18in. wheels, Oettinger tuned

i've been thinking of doing this for a while now too.....

i've already done the intercooler clean, made a slight difference, i felt, getting all that crap out.

but as for the manifold clean, have i got the right idea:

air intake/ filter -> turbo charge -> intercooler -> intake manifold -> engine.....?

if that's right, can i simply remove the post-intercooler pipe, and, with the engine idling, squirt that stuff into the intake manifold?

is it really that easy?

Yes. You are right and it really is that easy.

Users Country Flag
    Thats the way I do them Scott,
    Unclip the intake pipe out of the throttle body. Spray diectly deep into the manifold. The version I use was developed in Europe and trialled in Tasmania by Wynns last year before the mainland took it on.
    The kits have a pressure can which the hose pushes onto. Like a small pressure can of paint) Comes with a direct injection bottle of fuel treament.
    High Pressure 3 is the name.
    Cheers!
    Par 6 Golf GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH Wheels, APR'd
    Caddy van 05/07 (colourcoded) (BRIGHT! orange!) coilovers, Konis 18in. wheels, Oettinger tuned

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    Agreed x 2
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

cheers guys!

i am SO checking this out tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast