Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Caddy High Level Brake Light Cracking

My one is badly cracked, doubt the dealers in NZ will have much sympathy.
    Theres a few selling on Ebay and Amazon, anybody here dealt with either?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caddy High Level Brake Light Cracking-caddystoplight-e-jpg  

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RealPhotos View Post
    My one is badly cracked, doubt the dealers in NZ will have much sympathy.
    Theres a few selling on Ebay and Amazon, anybody here dealt with either?
    It is extremely frustrating trying to get anywhere with this. It has been reported around the world, VW know it is an issue by the sheer numbers they sell.

If it has been hit (which I know is NOT the case), what vehicle is doing this?

Your damage clearly shows it has not been hit.

VW have redesigned their rear spoilers with an LED strip built into it. The thing is that it is unknown id the new spoiler will fit the existing vehicles.

As to what will get the attention of VW, it will be a large fleet buyer who will not accept a sweetener to accept the fix but take it no further.
    --

Users Country Flag
    I got mine from an Ebay seller in Turkey. It was not OEM but looked exactly the same except it had a different seal arrangement.Caddy High Level Brake Light Cracking-cc-jpg
    2012 Caddy Maxi Life
    2011 Multivan
    2008 Skoda Scout (Gone.......L)

Quote Originally Posted by Skoda VW View Post
    I got mine from an Ebay seller in Turkey. It was not OEM but looked exactly the same except it had a different seal arrangement.Caddy High Level Brake Light Cracking-cc-jpg
    That is different.

What you want to do is clip the barbs off the two end pegs on both sides. Then do it up just finger tight only. Tape over the screws to stop them undoing.
    --

Now this is mainly for Victorians.

I am down in Bendigo and there hsa been a RACV advertisement running showing a RACV patrol van which is a yellow Caddy Van.

Let the RACV know if you have had a brake light crack. Do not assume anyone else will do it. The more they know about it, the better.

I have suggested they check their Caddys and then report the matter to VW. This places them in an awkward position. On one hand, VW cah do a "fix" for them and ask them to keep it quiet as they are a fleet operator. On the other hand, they are also an organisation looking out for their members, and so have to act in their interests as well.

I have contacted the RACV, however as I am from north of the border, they might not take it too seriously. I have given them a link to this thread, so hopefully, something will come of it.

In this case, it really is up to Victorian RACV members.
    --

Users Country Flag
    I am flabbergasted that VW would put a taillight right behind the main rear door hinge. After 10+ open and shuts it is going to start to crack. I have removed my cracked lens and plastic filled, primed then colour matched painted the lens as there is no way I am going to replace a lens that is destined to crack.

Well, the cold weather has hit, so Caddy owners need to check their high level brake lights to see if the lenses have cracked.

It is when you get a really cold night that the lenses will crack.

Those in Canberra in particular should check their Caddys.

Hope they are not cracked, however past experience suggests they will be.
    --

Users Country Flag
    My MY13 HLBL is badly cracked and has partially missing edges. Pity about the price. Today I have also released litres of water out of side door sills and panels, by removing some plugs that don't drain and four drain plugs that were blocked. Another thing to check mates. Can't wait to check the footwells.

Just buy a cheap Chinese replacement lens cover off eBay. They are around $15 including delivery. I have one and have had no issues with it. Hell for the price of the genuine ones you could buy 5.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

I have bought an OEM replacement and fitted it. However that now gives me two sets of OEM innards. I am planning to buy cheap Chinese versions from ebay from now on, swap the lens cover onto my OEM innards (the ebay photos sort of indicate that the Chinese ones also include cheap Chinese innards).
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast