Support VWWC

Thread: Caddy head unit upgrade

Users Country Flag

Caddy head unit upgrade

Hi all, I'm new here so apologies if this has been asked previously. I own a 2007 caddy 1.6 petrol van, low kms for its age. I use it daily as my work vehicle. I had the opportunity or driving a more recent Caddy and would like some of the features for mine such as an updated head unit particularly if possible Apple car play function. My caddy has the original basic CD/radio and I have seen on line either some inexpensive after market units that look as though they would fit and even OEM touch screen head units from later Caddys and Golfs etc. So questions are, is these a feasable within reason upgrade? would the Canbus need updating if so whats involved with that? any recommendations on head units? anything else I need to be aware of before shooting myself in the foot with this. Thanking you all in anticipation.

Users Country Flag
    I just fitted an android head unit from eBay in our Passat wagen. Under 200 bucks. Has GPS and if you got spot it off a phone or put a sim in. It's just like a big phone and has all the same capabilities. Spotify etc. Has can bus adapted and the steering wheel controls work too.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for that, seen a few like that on eBay too so wanted to suss a few out before buying. My van sadly does not have steering wheel controls though but thats not a problem.