Thread: 2015 Caddy headunit upgrade

2015 Caddy headunit upgrade

Hey everyone,

New caddy owner here.....just doing a bit of research on upgrading the OEM RCD210 headunit from a 2015 Caddy. Looking for Carplay/Android Auto and reversing camera at the least. The car doesn't have the steering wheel controls.

Reading around, potentially a RCD 360 may work and keep with the original look of the vehicle? Or should I just go with an aftermarket unit/reverse camera. Keen to hear thoughts...

I have retrofitted the RCD 360 into my 2006 Caddy Camper. Very easy upgrade with an adaptor for the aerial from memory. I have bought the camera but have not tackled it yet as it is going to take some serious dismantling of the interior to run the wiring. Good thing though, is when I select reverse it tells me it can't find the camera so all the logic for it is built in.

I initially tried a Sony head unit but had issues making & receiving phone calls and gave up on it. Should have just gone with the VW unit.
    Past: '77 VW Golf GLS Mk1 3-door, 2 x '95 VW Golf CL Mk3 3-door, 2015 Mk7 90 TSI Manual
    Present: 2018 VW Golf GTI Original Manual Mk7.5, 2006 VW Caddy Life Camper