hello to all, apologies firstly to all for my first post being a call for help, and secondly apologies to all if this problem has already been established in this forum. maybe i will need to ask for help in other sections of the site and if anyone can recommend where that would be greatly appreciated.

so for all of you with savvy ears out there, can you have a listen to this, particularly at the 13 second mark.

YouTube

youll notice it only makes the rubbing noise when i turn right.

some symptoms;

didn't previously make this noise before i had a starter motor fail and i got a new one fitted, when it was in the shop i asked for a new timing belt/water pump as the water pump was missed last timing belt (previous owner).

goes into the shop, they initially thought it was clutch however upon opening the box found starter motor was the problem, apparently it wasn't pulling back in from when it shoots out to start the car (from what i understand) apparently had burred up the flywheel? a little and was cleaned up?

anyway, now when it gets quite hot (eg after a big hill climb on the highway, the video is exactly that, my turnoff after the climb out on the highway at the end of a 30 min drive) during a right turn you can hear that rubbing noise in the video

if i stop, it doesn't make a noise, when turning, so its nothing to do with the steering, i think something to do with the gearbox/clutch

another symptom, most prominent in 4th gear, if i give it some, come off and let the gearbox shimmy between positive and negative load pressure, you can mildly hear the said noise above.

thinking centrifugal force when very hot starts to rub on something due to the metals being more flexible when hot.

my mechanic can't fault find it because i can't get it hot enough for him, plus very hard to fault find on a moving vehicle.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,
Jarred