Thread: 2011 Caddy Run Out Prices

2011 Caddy Run Out Prices

I've been looking at the 2011 caddy 1.6 TDI SWB with the advertised run out price $26,490 (on road)
    The run out pricing is advertised to finish at the end of the month.

The best price I've been able to negotiate so far is $26,600 inclusive of:

- Tow bar
    - Cargo Mat
    - Sliding Door window
    - business registration.

Reading good reviews here about the 1.2 TSI - I think I may get a quote for this and try and save a bit more.

I will be using the vehicle to carry hand tools with very occasional trailer use to move building supplies.

Any advice on vehicle best suited to my needs and prices I should be negotiating greatly appreciated.

regards Peter

Users Country Flag
    With the difference between the TDI & TSI, look at how many km per year you plan to do.

Very roughly, if you're going to do more than 18,000km p/a then go the diesel, if less then go the petrol
    Daily Car: Random BMWs | My Toy: R33 Skyline GT-R | GF's Car: 1954 Beetle 'Oval' | Our (Her) Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport

dont get a petrol they are hard to move on with high k's

Users Country Flag
    A lot of people go for the Diesel "by default", but it depends on a lot of things such as kilometers (as Sam said), length of ownership (3, 5 or more years), payload, towing requirements (weight/frequency)...
    If it was a "used" Caddy I'd choose the TDI any time as I wasn't really that fond of the old 1.6 petrol engine, but now it's really 50/50
    In short - if your answer to above points is more on the HIGH side, I'd go for the TDI, if you more on the lower side and upgrade the car in about 4 years, I'd go for TSI and use the spare money for the fit out of the van!
    Christian Sieg

Thanks for the input - yes my km's are on the high side living in rural NSW. The torque of the TDI was really what I needed - so I chose the TDI.

I just bought a new 2011 caddy for 20k with cargo mat and business rego/stamp. Fairly gutless but I find it's fine for me. Only ever have 100kgs in it at a time. City driving is great, fuel is great (at least compared to my m3) but don't let the 1.2 engine fool you, it may have a little more power than you think.