Support VWWC

Thread: WTB 2022 Amarok V6 Manual.

Users Country Flag

WTB 2022 Amarok V6 Manual.

Looking for a low milage 2022 Amarok with transfer case. Modifications/extras welcome and price flexible. Prefer a local car (Sydney and surrounds) rather than interstate but would consider an interstate car if it ticks all the boxes.

Any leads welcome.

Rob

Try looking on the modrok facebook group. You won’t find many V6 manuals available as they didn’t start making them until 2019 and they promoted the automatic heavily. There are some out there. The v6 tends to suffer from clutch problems, particularly those with a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the tip.

Well I now have that Amarok next to the Audi in the garage.

I found a nice low kilometre 2021 model in near new condition. Core 2H version so it's a manual with low range. Driving home yesterday in the rain was interesting - hard not to get the rear to wheelspin when taking off. Now to get familiar with it. Any advice from current owners much appreciated.

Rob

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfercase? View Post
    Well I now have that Amarok next to the Audi in the garage.

I found a nice low kilometre 2021 model in near new condition. Core 2H version so it's a manual with low range. Driving home yesterday in the rain was interesting - hard not to get the rear to wheelspin when taking off. Now to get familiar with it. Any advice from current owners much appreciated.

Rob
    In the rain you can go 4H to reduce wheelspin when taking off. Try not to use it too often on sharp corners though (this is when you need it most I know ). On a dry road, stick to 2H.

BTW: better performance road tyres (from say a Q7) will improve traction significantly on the road and in 2H mode. For this reason, I run a road set of rims (with Q7 performance tyres) and an off-road set with Conti AT tyres.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 26-02-2024 at 09:17 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Have you driven many manual cars? I had a manual 4 cylinder and never had issues with wheel spin in 2wd.
    I get that the v6 has more power but I haven’t heard this as an issue before.
    Is traction control working?
    Lloyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closing this thread now. Thanks to all who posted.