Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to buy an Amarok - dealership issues...

Users Country Flag

Wanting to buy an Amarok - dealership issues...

deleted
    Last edited by zed; 02-06-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Isn't there about 4 VW dealers in Perth? Or are they all the same owner with different names?

You might just have to drive further rather than buy from the incompetent mob.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Isn't there about 4 VW dealers in Perth? Or are they all the same owner with different names?

You might just have to drive further rather than buy from the incompetent mob.
    Yes there are a few. I could buy from another dealership - 45mins drive away, getting it serviced there would be a PITA though, especially if they are anything like my local dealership where I've had to return the car multiple times post service. I guess there's not much advice anyone can give me, it's probably more of a vent and I'm curious as to what others would do in my situation?

Users Country Flag
    I would buy elsewhere & get it serviced at an independant if I wanted an Amorok that much.

When i bought my Skoda the nearest dealership was 45m from home but close to work. Then they shut up & the nearest dealership was 45minutes from work & 80m from home. I just went to an independant (it's only every 9 months for me). Warranty wasn't an issue as the car was reliable.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Yes there are a few. I could buy from another dealership - 45mins drive away, getting it serviced there would be a PITA though, especially if they are anything like my local dealership where I've had to return the car multiple times post service. I guess there's not much advice anyone can give me, it's probably more of a vent and I'm curious as to what others would do in my situation?
    Where in Perth are you located? I'm also in WA.

I would do a deal over the phone with a better dealer, then service it wherever you like... I just bought an Amarok last week and am happy to give you details via private message if you like. My experience was very good.

Mine won't be returning to VW for service either. I do all the work myself except for major services - so certainly any ultra tune etc can do it for you.. You only really need to bring it back for warranty work. They are dead easy to work on.

Deal with the short term pain.. Much better than driving a Toyota around (new hilux might be ok when it gets here next year though) these amaroks are great machines...

Cheers.

deleted
    Last edited by zed; 02-06-2015 at 07:05 PM.

I'll send you a pm in a min.....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kryten2001 View Post
    ... I just bought an Amarok last week .....

Nice one kryten, what did you get. They are awesome trucks, loving mine
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by kryten2001 View Post
    I'll send you a pm in a min.....
    cheers - replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Nice one kryten, what did you get. They are awesome trucks, loving mine
    Sharkie, white highline - already started to bling it up with a load of parts..

Wanting to buy an Amarok - dealership issues...-8qgazs-jpg

Great bits of kit I gotta say.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast