Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSI300 Amarok Tune - recommendations ?

TSI300 Amarok Tune - recommendations ?

hi all ,

im intersting in getting my Amarok tuned as iv met several guys in the last year who said they've had the tsi300 tuned and its a completely different ute . I was wondering if anyone has any information on power figures , also places in Sydney I could contact to get this done.

thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    Only APR has a proper tune for the TSI300. Any APR dealer in Sydney will be able to do it for you.

196kw/430NM are the stock numbers after the tune with no other mods. 0-100 in 6.5s if you can handle the 2nd to 3rd gear change stubbornness.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

I can recommend not going to anyone that offers roo systems tunes or chips. I think they may also trade under another performance name. I had it on my Amarok and it caused the Ute to constantly go into limp mode. After 5 attempts to fix it, I made them take the tune off and return it to original tune.

Sent from me TSI300 Amarok Tune - recommendations ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydus67 View Post
    I can recommend not going to anyone that offers roo systems tunes or chips. I think they may also trade under another performance name. I had it on my Amarok and it caused the Ute to constantly go into limp mode. After 5 attempts to fix it, I made them take the tune off and return it to original tune.

Nobody can successfully "custom" tune a TSI300. All tunes require a base file to start with and nobody but APR has bothered to create that base file for the TSI300.

Other tuners who claim they can tune the TSI300 typically try to use a MK6 GTI base file which they then try to modify to work. Nobody has been successful going this route and always ends up with issues and/or less power than the APR tune.

The reason for this failure is that although the TSI300 and the GTI Mk6 engines are very similar (99% so), they have different cams and a different turbo. Its also the reason that an APR Stg1 makes more power out of the TSI300 than what they make out of the GTI Mk6.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Only APR has a proper tune for the TSI300. Any APR dealer in Sydney will be able to do it for you.

196kw/430NM are the stock numbers after the tune with no other mods. 0-100 in 6.5s if you can handle the 2nd to 3rd gear change stubbornness.

Sharkie, I'm glad you've responded as I trekked back to 2014 and read your thread previously. When you say the handle of 2nd to 3rd what do you mean ? 196kw is a pretty damn good figure , how much could I expect to pay for this apr tune?

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by lloydus67 View Post

yeah I got interested when I saw this euro tune , but they said 90kw tuned to 144 , and I recall Sharkie saying close to 190 a while back . so iv always been keen, as its a great ute to drive and just needs that boost of power, especially on the freeways up hills I have to drop back to 3rd .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrhys View Post
    Sharkie, I'm glad you've responded as I trekked back to 2014 and read your thread previously. When you say the handle of 2nd to 3rd what do you mean ? 196kw is a pretty damn good figure , how much could I expect to pay for this apr tune?

Thanks for the info
    The 2nd to 3rd change (at about 95km/h) when you are in a hurry is difficult, the gearbox can be stubborn and refuse a quick change ....~7 out of 10 times it holds you up and you lose half a second to a 100, the other 3 times it works and you get there in the 6s bracket. Once you are in 3rd it pulls like a train and you can do 90-140 in ~4.5s. None of the diesels can match it ....

Expect normal 2.0TSI tune prices (about $1K) from APR, and every now and then they have a sale which makes it even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    The 2nd to 3rd change (at about 95km/h) when you are in a hurry is difficult, the gearbox can be stubborn and refuse a quick change ....~7 out of 10 times it holds you up and you lose half a second to a 100, the other 3 times it works and you get there in the 6s bracket. Once you are in 3rd it pulls like a train and you can do 90-140 in ~4.5s. None of the diesels can match it ....

Expect normal 2.0TSI tune prices (about $1K) from APR, and every now and then they have a sale which makes it even cheaper.
    so I contacted German performance at castle hill this morning, they've said $699 depending on the box code or $1000 ecotune if the code doesn't support the vehicle. he said 30kw / 40hp and 120Nm gain , is this correct? sounds a lot less opposed to what you've stated

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrhys View Post
    so I contacted German performance at castle hill this morning, they've said $699 depending on the box code or $1000 ecotune if the code doesn't support the vehicle. he said 30kw / 40hp and 120Nm gain , is this correct? sounds a lot less opposed to what you've stated
    Sounds to me like they have no idea ....

This is what you want, works on all TSI300s as they all have the same ECU from the factory.

APR ECU-20T-EA888-1-L APR ECU Upgrade - 2.0T EA888 Gen 1 (Longitudinal) (Amarok)

If you need to, refer them to this specifically. Not many TSI300s out there, so unlikely they will even know what you are asking for. Bit sad for somebody claiming to be a performance shop.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 07-04-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks sharkie, Iv sent that info to him so lets see what comes back , otherwise ill try another shop .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast