Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TSI300 Amarok Tune - recommendations ?

Wagner Performance do an intercooler for the V6 which I just installed. Not sure it will fit the TSI but may do. Was pretty simple to install other than moving the A/C condenser out the way. Was a quality German piece of kit being thicker and had a nice splitter on the inlet to try and spread the inlet flow through all the intercooler.

I would assume you could fit a 2.0L aftermarket one too couldn't you? The pipe connection just might be different. I don't know much about the TSI though in all honesty. Making some pipes is pretty easy even with some offcuts and silicone bends. Being a petrol, the intercooler size wouldn't need to be as big as a diesel being they are not on boost as much as a diesel so may be overkill.

300kW sounds nice and fun. Hoping when my new turbo finally gets here, I should be close to that in the V6 diesel.

yeah you are right, incidentally the last tsi300 I had was a 2012 and it has a sticker on the side stating 91 fuel acceptable, mind you I know 95 onwards is the norm for any turbo petrol. so far so good with the tune, iv done 300kms on 1/4 tank, down to 9L p 100km or so which is a massive improvement and thats with a few boots here and there. I have to say it just pulls up hills like a freight train now, its unstoppable. it has that PCV freight train sound, all in all id say it was the best $900 iv spent. I am going to do some work with the cooler and piping, also the turbo muffler, to make it as efficient as possible and squeeze every last bit of perfection.

Users Country Flag

Good to hear it's all going well. Such a different beast to drive once tuned!

I made up my own airbox to intake pipe, all parts from Supercheap for roughly $70. Can't find much off the shelf for the TSI300 that I've seen.

TSI300 Amarok Tune - recommendations ?-tsi300-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123