Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transporter's Amarok

Users Country Flag

Congrats on the new Amarok Transporter - nice rig.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Congrats on the new Amarok Transporter - nice rig.
    Thank you Lucas_R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    Will you be installing a catch can on this vehicle Transporter? I just installed a https://www.flashlube.com/en/product...h-can-pro.html on my Audi SQ5 last night but had to make my own mounting bracket and connections etc as nobody seems to make a "kit" for the V6 bi-turbo TDI engine in the SQ5.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Will you be installing a catch can on this vehicle Transporter? I just installed a Catch Can Pro - Genuine Flashlube™ on my Audi SQ5 last night but had to make my own mounting bracket and connections etc as nobody seems to make a "kit" for the V6 bi-turbo TDI engine in the SQ5.
    Highly recommend the Net4x4 kit for the V6 rok. Everything fits perfectly. There is also a diesel filter combination kit that goes with it.

This is what was collected after the first 7500km;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will you be installing a catch can on this vehicle Transporter? I just installed a Catch Can Pro - Genuine Flashlube™ on my Audi SQ5 last night but had to make my own mounting bracket and connections etc as nobody seems to make a "kit" for the V6 bi-turbo TDI engine in the SQ5.
    Yes, it’s on a very long list of things planned for it.
    I’ll be choosing between Man Provent200, Flashlube and Ryco, I’ve all 3 of them on my bench. The Ryco looks well made and comes in the kit or just the catch can. The Flashlube is made in Germany and I’ve bought it while ago for our Tiguan, since it’s more compact than the other 2. They’re all similarly priced.

I always like to make my own bracket.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Yes, it’s on a very long list of things planned for it.
    I’ll be choosing between Man Provent200, Flashlube and Ryco, I’ve all 3 of them on my bench. The Ryco looks well made and comes in the kit or just the catch can. The Flashlube is made in Germany and I’ve bought it while ago for our Tiguan, since it’s more compact than the other 2. They’re all similarly priced.

I always like to make my own bracket.
    I was not aware that Ryco made a catch can - is it new to the market? The reason i chose the Flashlube catch can pro is because its a bit shorter than the Provent and the engine bay in my car is very tight to begin with - so the Provent was not going to fit as nicely. I dare say the Amarok will have a larger engine bay area than the SQ5 so you might not have the same issue.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Very happy with the ARB Ascent canopy. It’s well made no blemishes so far.
    Hows the visibility out the rear window and sides with the canopy?
    I have a hard cover on mine but thinking of switching to a canopy, main concern is losing the great rear visibility.
    Also can you share your thoughts as to why you went the ARB over say Aeroklas or EGR? Cheers

Transporter's Amarok

Quote Originally Posted by wetaline2 View Post
    Hows the visibility out the rear window and sides with the canopy?
    I have a hard cover on mine but thinking of switching to a canopy, main concern is losing the great rear visibility.
    Also can you share your thoughts as to why you went the ARB over say Aeroklas or EGR? Cheers
    Obviously the visibility will change when you fit the canopy. I was driving 2 months before the canopy was fitted and yes you have better view around because you just overlooking the tray, even in the rear view mirrors you see more without canopy. I had canopy on my previous Amarok as well and am used to it. It’s nice to have cargo area dry.

Why did I go with ARB?
    From all tha canopies I’ve seen they look the best (to me) and are reasonably well made, at least it appears to, no handles on side windows (though I don’t get it why they don’t offer side windows as an option, since you can’t put passengers at the back and nobody need to see inside).
    Central locking works on side windows and back window. Installing wiring for ARB canopy is plug and play, so no cutting the Amarok’s electrical wiring.
    ARB canopy doesn’t use C clamps to attach canopy to the tray, it is properly bolted down.
    Rear spoiler looks nice, not too big.

Looks really good, thanks for the detailed response. Yeah the extra space is what I'm looking at, my hardcover is water tight and almost dustproof, but the kids have sooo much stuff when we go away. Looks like a bit of overlap on the rear corner, Is is air tight/dust sealed?

It’s just an angle I took the picture from plus the lens distortion. It looks normal in real.

The ARB installers didn’t put enough sealant in left front corner (I believe that the design is to put sealant in the front 2 corners), so after first rain I had a huge puddle of water in the tray. Luckily there was nothing in tray at that time.
    The canopy use dense foam like gasket to seal on the side and there should be no rain coming in, the roof went allows small amount of air in to create enough positive pressure to keep duct out. At least that’s what ARB says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast