Support VWWC

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build

Users Country Flag

That's looking good mate. The red top R8 coils really suit the engine bay also.

Will be looking to do coils on mine soon. Just had plugs done on mine, mechanic says most likely was the first plug change it's ever had at 118,000km and it's running so much smoother now down low & at idle.
    Last edited by EZZA; 13-12-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Sharkie, any idea what boost levels we run on the stage 1 APR tune? I'm running the ODB Fusion app and seeing up to 18psi max but unsure if this is correct as it seems high.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
    Hey Sharkie, any idea what boost levels we run on the stage 1 APR tune? I'm running the ODB Fusion app and seeing up to 18psi max but unsure if this is correct as it seems high.
    That sounds about right as per my old Mk6 GTI (same engine). It was around 18-19psi on stage 1.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    That sounds about right as per my old Mk6 GTI (same engine). It was around 18-19psi on stage 1.
    Thanks mate! The app I'm using requires me to key in a volumetric efficiency % for my engine to give an accurate on the fly boost reading and at 120% it seems to be about spot on then.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, about 18-19PSI is my understanding too for Stg1. I will confirm this soon as I have a boost tap connector on the way.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Another popular GTI/R mod for the 2.0 TSI (Turbio Muffler delete) also made me think about doing it to the Amarok. Essentially the same engine other than a different exhaust cam and a better flowing OEM downpipe, this should be a straightforward bolt off bolt on mod ... Except the stock muffler outlet on the turbo, due to its location, is different it has bend in it

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-amarok-tsi-turbo-muffler-oem-jpg

MK6 GTI common Muffler Delete
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-s-l1600-jpg

Fitted
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-mk6-gti-turbo-muffler-delete-1-jpg

Easy fix though with a 90deg silicone bend and small connector to the OEM intercooler pipe,
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-mk6-gti-turbo-muffler-delete-3-jpg
    Last edited by Sharkie; 04-02-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Well Done Sharkie, you answered my Question i have been asking myself. so going to do the mod. any difference? noticed,

Forge or Raceline offer units so which one

Forge Motorsport IHI RHF5 Turbo Muffler Delete 2.0 Petrol Turbo (EA88 - VAG Cafe

Racingline Turbo Muffler Delete for EA888.3B - VAG Cafe
    Last edited by TSOTSI; 04-02-2022 at 06:03 PM. Reason: info added

Users Country Flag
    Sharkie I believe you purchased a muffer delete to suit the Gen 3 EA888 engine. I have fitted a muffler delete to both my Mk7 GTI and my previous car, a Mk6 GTI. The Mk6 GTI one came with a bend (as per this link) https://www.vagcafe.com/product/forg...l-turbo-ea888/ whereas the Mk7 one is shorter and straight (as per your 2nd pic above).

Doesnt matter if you got it to fit though.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Sharkie I believe you purchased a muffer delete to suit the Gen 3 EA888 engine. I have fitted a muffler delete to both my Mk7 GTI and my previous car, a Mk6 GTI. The Mk6 GTI one came with a bend (as per this link) Forge Motorsport IHI RHF5 Turbo Muffler Delete 2.0 Petrol Turbo (EA88 - VAG Cafe whereas the Mk7 one is shorter and straight (as per your 2nd pic above).

Doesnt matter if you got it to fit though.
    It's the exact same metal delete pipe as your kit, Lucas, the 1 I bought just didn't come with the silicone bend. Easy fix by making our own though.

It is also identical to the 1 I fitted to the R which is weird as the turbos are very different, yet that muffler is identical ....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 05-02-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSOTSI View Post
    Well Done Sharkie, you answered my Question i have been asking myself. so going to do the mod. any difference? noticed,

Forge or Raceline offer units so which one

Forge Motorsport IHI RHF5 Turbo Muffler Delete 2.0 Petrol Turbo (EA88 - VAG Cafe

Racingline Turbo Muffler Delete for EA888.3B - VAG Cafe
    Minor but noticeable improvement in responsiveness. Either of those will work, the Forge kit just comes with a silicone bend, you'd still need to connect the bend to the OEM intercooler pipe (which is rubber) so a 2" connector will be needed as well.

Piping from the turbo to the intercooler is totally different on the Amarok due to the positioning of the turbo in relation to intercooler.

Incidentally ...

What I do notice more these days is power delivery differences between my cars, the 1.4TSI actually has a bit of lag before boost builds, then it comes in with a massive rush, the Amarok has less lag (and now even a little bit less after this mod) but a more linear power delivery that feels muscular all the time but without that rush (almost like a big NA car) whilst the R is just near instant massive power with quite a bit of rush at the top too. IE's tune on the R (still Stg1 but the high torque version) is brilliant. And then the V8 ..... nothing touches that above 4000rmin, its 4th gear wheelspin time whilst already moving , downright scary car to drive. And then I climb in the Up! and have no power at all, just ridiculous corner speeds, it probably outcorners the R ..... power fix for it is almost ready though.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 05-02-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast