Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    After long wait, it's good to see you enjoying it. It is looking good.
    Thanks Miro, yup 6 months after order and problably 6 months before looking and debating whether to buy

Its been great so far, smooth and surprisingly punchy.

More mods coming, though at a slower pace now that I have the basics sorted ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    The only reason I'm interested is that apparently due to the Amaro's height the sidesteps serves as perfect protection against opening car doors next to it ....... not sold on it yet.
    There would be that as a positive. Also, slightly less trashed sills if you tend to use dirt roads.

I fixed the mudflap issue by adding some ute/box trailer basic rectangular mudflaps on top of the OEM units. Squared them up at the sides & extended downwards another 50mm.

On the Captiva, the vehicle is low enough that you don't have to use the side step to get in the vehicle (wife=162cm, me = 167cm). What it does do is effectively make the sill of the vehicle another 100-150mm wider, so you have to step out wide. It tends to rub against your clothes. Maybe different on other makes.

I watch with interest. Amarok TSI with mods very much appeals to me.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Only 1 mod today .... very important 1 though

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-rok-vww-jpg

Also, did a 230km roundtrip to the Sunny Coast and back. 180km highway 50km urban, fuel consumption 8.4l/100km, very impressed I am.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 17-11-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Utesdirect torneau and red R8 coils on the way ....

Users Country Flag
    for a moment there I thought you'd bought coil springs off an R8, not coil packs.

What's the intercooler like on the Amarok? big enough or can an S3 or twintercooler be slotted in?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Utesdirect torneau and red R8 coils on the way ....
    When fitting that cover make sure those aluminium angles are fitted exactly as per the instructions, also get a very good rivet gun, the stainless rivets are a killer!

Users Country Flag
    Also what site did you get the R8 coils from Sharkie? I'm getting mad misfires and these will hopefully help cure that!

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    for a moment there I thought you'd bought coil springs off an R8, not coil packs.

What's the intercooler like on the Amarok? big enough or can an S3 or twintercooler be slotted in?
    Intercooler looks similar to the other VWs with this engine. I'm hoping to upgrade in due course. Will post pics when I get to it

Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad21 View Post
    When fitting that cover make sure those aluminium angles are fitted exactly as per the instructions, also get a very good rivet gun, the stainless rivets are a killer!
    Thinking Stainless bolts and lock nuts instead of the rivets to allow removal whem I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by bombsquad21 View Post
    Also what site did you get the R8 coils from Sharkie? I'm getting mad misfires and these will hopefully help cure that!
    Groupbuy here on the forum. R8 Coil Pack group buy from ECS

Damien has 1 set left as of this morning.

Carbon Edition 1

After an aborted attempt at fitting the torneau (rails too long ) this afternoon I made my 1st foray into carbon vinyl wrap.

Very pleased with the results.

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-carbon1_zpsf4d19c4e-jpg

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-carbon2_zps454af0fd-jpg

More to come soon

Nice.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast