Support VWWC

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build

Users Country Flag

That a mean sounding Rok, must confuse people when that powers away from the traffic lights haha!!

Yeah I saw the same, I read 29psi on a placard but I'm more around 35psi. Tried 29psi but it looked like I had a flat.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Bought some LED taillights from Ebay (you can get them on AliExpress too) .... after some initial confusement by the seller's (they asked for a photo of an Amarok to see if it will fit ) , they arrived within 3 weeks and fitted up over the weekend.

Fitted in 5 mins, looks great, works great .... throws an error LOL Will fix that up with a canbus suitable resistor.

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-1-jpg
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-2-jpg
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-3-jpg

It even has sequential indicator LED's (can't see in the photos though)
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Looks DAM good those, I am definitely gonna buy me a pair. just bought the sequential side indicators.

Users Country Flag
    Utes looking good mate!

Finally went and got my APR stage 1 98 tune yesterday, very happy with the result. Engine performance is night and day, absolutely rips now!!

Quote Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
    Utes looking good mate!

Finally went and got my APR stage 1 98 tune yesterday, very happy with the result. Engine performance is night and day, absolutely rips now!!
    Nice .... should be quicker than a stock GTI to 80 now .... that d@mn 3rd change hurts it to a 100
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Stop enticing me LOL, I so wanna APR mine. cant wait to get it going replace even the ignition coils with APR ones too when I service it and replace the PCV valve.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Nice .... should be quicker than a stock GTI to 80 now .... that d@mn 3rd change hurts it to a 100
    Haha have been caught out by that stubborn 3rd gear change a few times already!

Did you ever get to the bottom of the PCV return flute noise? Did the exhaust get rid it?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TSOTSI View Post
    Stop enticing me LOL, I so wanna APR mine. cant wait to get it going replace even the ignition coils with APR ones too when I service it and replace the PCV valve.
    You have to do it, best $700 you'll ever spend!!

Users Country Flag
    Sharkie, which GFB diverter did you use? they don't seem to list one for TSI Rok on their website?!

Quote Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
    Sharkie, which GFB diverter did you use? they don't seem to list one for TSI Rok on their website?!
    The 1 for the MK6 GTI is a perfect fit. (I still have the box in the garage, I'll check the model #)

Remember the TSI engine is a MK6 GTI engine with only 2 differences .... (1) a different exhaust camshaft and (2) a different turbo (which is in fact similar in configuration/orientation to the K04 on the MK R, only at K03 size). All other part numbers are identical, so if you ever want to do a built engine, all the rods/pistons etc from a GTI engine will fit.

Could literally do a Stg3 build on it (and replace the exhaust cam) and run a GTI Stg3 tune .... 300+kw anyone?

I will actually do this 1 day, just too many projects to do at the moment. Need to finish fixing the Polo, finishing the Up! project, do an AWD conversion to Big Red and then its on for a Stg3 build. At this rate it is still a few years away LOL .... and somewhere in there is taking the R to Stg 2 (only need the intercooler and clutch).
    Last edited by Sharkie; 27-09-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast