Support VWWC

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build

Users Country Flag

That a mean sounding Rok, must confuse people when that powers away from the traffic lights haha!!

Yeah I saw the same, I read 29psi on a placard but I'm more around 35psi. Tried 29psi but it looked like I had a flat.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Bought some LED taillights from Ebay (you can get them on AliExpress too) .... after some initial confusement by the seller's (they asked for a photo of an Amarok to see if it will fit ) , they arrived within 3 weeks and fitted up over the weekend.

Fitted in 5 mins, looks great, works great .... throws an error LOL Will fix that up with a canbus suitable resistor.

Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-1-jpg
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-2-jpg
    Sharkie's TSI Amarok Build-led-taillights-3-jpg

It even has sequential indicator LED's (can't see in the photos though)
    Current: 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Mustang GT manual Race Red with mods now making 370kw
    10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Looks DAM good those, I am definitely gonna buy me a pair. just bought the sequential side indicators.

Users Country Flag
    Utes looking good mate!

Finally went and got my APR stage 1 98 tune yesterday, very happy with the result. Engine performance is night and day, absolutely rips now!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
    Utes looking good mate!

Finally went and got my APR stage 1 98 tune yesterday, very happy with the result. Engine performance is night and day, absolutely rips now!!
    Nice .... should be quicker than a stock GTI to 80 now .... that d@mn 3rd change hurts it to a 100
    Current: 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Mustang GT manual Race Red with mods now making 370kw
    10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Stop enticing me LOL, I so wanna APR mine. cant wait to get it going replace even the ignition coils with APR ones too when I service it and replace the PCV valve.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Nice .... should be quicker than a stock GTI to 80 now .... that d@mn 3rd change hurts it to a 100
    Haha have been caught out by that stubborn 3rd gear change a few times already!

Did you ever get to the bottom of the PCV return flute noise? Did the exhaust get rid it?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TSOTSI View Post
    Stop enticing me LOL, I so wanna APR mine. cant wait to get it going replace even the ignition coils with APR ones too when I service it and replace the PCV valve.
    You have to do it, best $700 you'll ever spend!!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920