Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modified Amaroks

Users Country Flag

Modified Amaroks

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEvolution.com
    The Volkswagen Amarok isn’t exactly one of the favorite vehicles of the tuning world. But this doesn’t mean that the pick-up doesn’t get its share of modification packages. The one we talk about here comes from Delta4x4 and is aimed at improving the vehicle’s rough terrain capabilities.

”Delta4x4 rises to the challenge! The latest pickup to make its debut from a major car manufacturer is the VW Amarok. The Amarok made at VW Argentinean production plant is an understated, sensible pickup. Delta4x4 saw in the Amarok an opportunity too good to resist transforming this practical pickup into a rugged off roader capable of mixing it with the best. The Delta4x4 treatment packet starts with the wheels and the chassis,” stated the press release.

The tuning house has fitted the Amarok with a lift kit that increases its ride height with 40mm. In addition to that, the company has installed a set of lightweight alloy rims that use Mickey Thompson 275/70R18 All Terrain and Mud Terrain tires that add 50mm to the ride height.

The modification kit also includes a hand-polished stainless steel sports bar for the cargo area. The company has big plans for the Amarok, as it is currently developing a „Big Foot” conversion kit, a set of engine modifications and others for the vehicle.

„Delta4x4 have currently many designs in development; the Big Foot conversion with gigantic tires, an engine insert that delivers unbelievable performance power, and various smaller extras that make driving this VW newcomer a truly exciting experience,” stated the press release.
    Source http://www.autoevolution.com/news/de...rok-24998.html
    Last edited by phaeton; 04-10-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    That Delta 4x4 one looks tough.

I swaer Dom posted a bagged out one in that bronze/cuppachine colour from his trip to Worthersee.

18" MUDDIES!??!?!?!

HAHAHAH those tyres wont cost an arm and a leg to replace! :O :O

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    Still looks horn though
    Daily Car: Random BMWs | My Toy: R33 Skyline GT-R | GF's Car: 1954 Beetle 'Oval' | Our (Her) Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport

The tuning house has fitted the Amarok with a lift kit that increases its ride height with 40mm. In addition to that, the company has installed a set of lightweight alloy rims that use Mickey Thompson 275/70R18 All Terrain and Mud Terrain tires that add 50mm to the ride height.
    Umm, epic fail right there, unless they only lifted the rear because with the (retarded) front drivetrain design with the split clevis on the struts, anything more than a total 15-20mm lift binds the front CV joints and destroys them!!

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    do i hear body lift People, there will be ways and means to get a decent set of rubber under those wheel arches

Yeah, maybe in a 1990's patrol, not one of these as not only will it need to be inspected by an engineer which I doubt they would pass, it will affect the calibration of all the active and passive safety systems. This car has electronics so complex, fitting a seemingly simple tow bar becomes a nightmare.

Users Country Flag
    well thats part of the mickales lift (sp) there are ways and means , i lifted my late model cherokee 4" + tyres and i was told you couldnt lift em more than 40mm drives better now with the right springs and shocks than it ever did stock

limiting you to no lift will not work a 2" lift + tyres will have this thing humming

Yes, for sure any body-on-frame car can have a body lift, but with today's regulations and ADRs, I highly doubt it could be done legally, especially on a brand new car, let alone cost effectively. To be safe, people would need to contact the local registration authority along with vw and their insurance company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast