Support VWWC

Thread: Which model to buy?

Users Country Flag

Which model to buy?

Hi, we are moving to a NSW rural property and plan on selling the BMW 3 series and our 2010 Tiguan.
    Wondering which Amarok had the least issues?
    Budget is $40,000.
    Would like a late model 2015 or later.
    With driving on back country roads would love the Zenon lighting which seems to mean the high line model or maybe a lower grade with optioned lights?
    Must be auto, wife has damaged left hand. It will be the town car.
    Any ideas, anyone selling on here?
    Dave.
    103 TDI 7spd DSG
    Porsche Boxster S 3.2L for sunny days.
    Real 4WD Toyota Landcruiser HZJ105

Xenon lighting looks flash but apparently is a poor light source for country roads. 4 cylinder needs the timing belt done every 120,000 Klm’s
    Other than that, the German built ones have less issues than the South American version.
    I have had a 4 cylinder trendline and 6 cylinder sportline. Both without the xenon lighting but many more refinements than the base model. I didn’t want the leather seats that you get with the models above these.
    I’ve been very happy with both and had almost no issues.
    Thanks Lloyd

Sent from me Which model to buy?

I've had 2 Amaroks, 4cyl and V6. Both had Xenon lights. They are really bad for distance. You will definitely need a decent light bar or spots for country driving. 4 cyl is nicer around town, but V6 is king on the open road. Mine is a bit rattley off boost though.

Users Country Flag

V6 diesel all the way. Great engine and generally very reliable. The xenon headlights are far superior than the base halogen headlights, but as mentioned above - on dark country roads you might find that you need additional lighting.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler