Thread: Leather upholstery repair

Users Country Flag

Leather upholstery repair

I have a tear in the drivers side bolster and it needs repairing. I've taken it to a few places and they won't touch it as it has an air-bag and it is not legal in WA for them to repair it. What are my options? Obviously VW can give me an entire seat cover, god knows what that would cost!? Any other op;tions?

Users Country Flag
    To give you an idea, the fabric seat cover for out Multivan is about $1,000 or so for the parts ($500 each for the back and seat parts which were separate. I don't know if that included install or not. So lots.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    To give you an idea, the fabric seat cover for out Multivan is about $1,000 or so for the parts ($500 each for the back and seat parts which were separate. I don't know if that included install or not. So lots.
    cool thanks mate. VW quote $1000 supply also found a place that does the ABS stitching for $236 for the panel, hopefully they can match the colour.

To get one panel replaced was going to be about $280 and that would have still left other parts of the drivers seat looking a bit old and saggy, so I'm getting both front seats replaced for about $1300.

Users Country Flag
    Take your wallet out of your back pocket because thats what does it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Nah the tear is on the side bolster and both bum panels have gotten saggy. Side bolsters are split leather, very thin and bum panels needed extra stitching like the new Amaroks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Take your wallet out of your back pocket because thats what does it
    Buttons on jeans and pants etc also. But a lot of damage is done by dragging your butt and legs over the bolster which weakens the foam underneath and scratches the leather/cloth surface.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Seems to be quite common in the used Amaroks to have ruined bolsters and torn upholstery.

I've been looking to get my seats reupholstered in leather by Doyles Leather Interior | Doyles Upholstery | Taren Point who quoted me around $2k for all the seats, $500 for the door trims, and $1k for foam upgrade Leather upholstery repair

If you just want seat covers to hide the tear check out my custom car, they make custom covers for a reasonable price Leather upholstery repair Volkswagen Amarok (2H) All badges excl. Ultimate Dual Cab 02/11 - Current Tradies Canvas Black

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk