Thread: Hooking up a slimline powered sub

Users Country Flag

Hooking up a slimline powered sub

Hi all
    Has anyone out there fitted a powered slimline sub in their Ultimate and if so where did they connect the line in wiring, from the head unit or splice into the speaker wires?
    Just wondering if there is a sub line out on the head unit anywhere, also how well did it work and did it make an appreciable difference to the sound quality.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    l fitted a 10” Kicker slimline powered sub in the end, I have to say sound quality is vastly improved and well worth it, its never going to be a doof doof system but very good for the price.
    After a lot of googling most people seem to fit them behind the rear seats, I decided against this and fitted it upright under the passenger side rear seat squab, it fits well here and doesn’t appear to get in the way of passengers feet.
    main power was from the battery and I connected the input to the speaker wires behind the head unit.

Last edited by Toomanytoys; 20-01-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like a nice addition to the stereo system. Have you got any photos of where its mounted or details of the install process which might help other Amarok owners looking to do the same?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    late to this party somewhat..

i bought a pair of these (there are left and right side) from this mob in poland, heaps cheaper than the aussie resellers, and ive got a pair of hybrid audio 10's in them running off a helix M1X 1kw amp. they kick, real hard..

Basser - FBvw23 VW Amarok L Fit-Box subwoofer enclosure

can post pics if anyones interested..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoys View Post
    main power was from the battery and I connected the input to the speaker wires behind the head unit.

Nice work. Seems we have no choice but speaker level connection with the stock units.

I can't see your pictures sadly.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Sounds like a nice addition to the stereo system. Have you got any photos of where its mounted or details of the install process which might help other Amarok owners looking to do the same?
    hi Lucas
    i tried to post some pics but they would not upload, maybe file size was too big.
    Will have to try again

Users Country Flag

Hi Lucas,

ill take some pics this weekend of the system, where i mounted the amps and woofers and some pics of the sound deadening. off down the coast with the boat today