Support VWWC

Thread: dpf fault with V6 Rok

Users Country Flag

dpf fault with V6 Rok

I had a 60,000 service on my V6 Amarok. Two days later the Overfull sump light came on. They drained off some oil. A few days later the Particulate Filter warning light came on and I tried to burn it off , as I have done before by driving in a lower gear. Then the curly warning light came on and vehicle went into limp mode. My reader came up with Error codes 2463 and 2002. The mechanic did a special burn and replaced the oil again. A couple of weeks but very little driving later and the two error codes have come on again. The mechanic is testing/ looking/ researching but has no real idea. Any suggestions?

Users Country Flag

dpf fault with V6 Rok

Error P2463 is a excessive soot accumulation error (the DFP is too full of soot due to not being able to perform a regen).

Error P2002 is also related to the DPF (efficiency below threshold) and is likely to be related to the other error, although you may have a faulty DPF pressure sensor.

Do yourself a favour and buy the Carista OBDII (link below) dongle and subscription to their app and you can use this (and/or the VAGDPF app) to check how full your DPF is and it gives you the control to do a burn off when convenient for you. The V6 Amarok's tend to want to do a DPF burn every 300kms or so its pretty regular. If the car is used for short drives and does not get the opportunity to do a proper DPF burn then the car will go into limp mode eventually.

A DPF burn from start to finish takes about 15-20mins but before a burn will initiate the following must be met:

- More than 1/4 tank of fuel
    - Oil temp above 80 degrees
    - No error lights on dash

Carista OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner and Customiser for Android and iOS – AutoInstruct
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-10-2021 at 08:08 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Also have a look here: DPF Regen & Soot Values Amarok V6
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    And this: VAG DPF app on Android to monitor DPF
    VAG DPF app on Android to monitor DPF
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

This video is of a V6 Amarok with exactly the same error codes as yours. Might be helpful if your mechanic is unsure of what to do.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST