Thread: Coolant question

Coolant question

Unfortunately my Rok was bent and spent 8 weeks at the panel beaters.
    I've just noticed the coolant is blueish rather than pink. Possibly topped up with the wrong coolant by the beaters.
    It's due for the 60,000 service at the end of May. Will it hurt to leave it till then or should I change it now?
    Does the 60,000 service include a coolant change?
    By the way, don't get your car repaired by Northern Group Body Works. Their work is atrocious. I had to refuse the car 3 times before the new front bar was hit in the carpark. Still not 100% but close.
    Last edited by doc; 20-04-2022 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Users Country Flag
    They might have put in Penrite Blue coolant, which would be VW approved, no way of knowing without getting the details from them.
    https://penriteoil.com.au/assets/pis...0PREMIX%20.pdf
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Thanks MIG. I didn't think of Penrite blue. Makes sense. I'll ring them today and check.

Users Country Flag
    AS long as its the same specs as whats on the coolant tank it will be ok but certainly best to be sure or it could turn to jelly and stuff your engine
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Rang them last Thursday. They were supposed to get back to me but didn't. I'm going to have to ring again when they open tomorrow.
    It's typical of this lot. A 2 1/2 week repair turned into an 8 week marathon because they couldn't get the repairs right.

Save the worry and go somewhere else and get the system flushed and refilled. Then you are starting fresh and know where you are at.

Probably easier Dinogzav. Rang them again today at 9.30 and they promised (again) a return call. Still waiting. I'll just flush and replace it. It's not worth the hassle.