Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new 2020 amarok high line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by I_Am@rok View Post
    Thanks for the response. I also got the rear recovery hitch from ARB.
    did you fit Diff breathers yourself? Or did you provide the part to a mechanic/installer?
    as for front rated recovery points, there is one supplier I found called Net 4x4. Anything else you can provide will be appreciated
    Hi there,

Yes I’m a VW mechanic/ auto electrician I fit the diff/trans breathers myself and it was a $100 kit from eBay and took about 1.5 hrs to install.

If you scroll to my reply to the below person, I have pasted a link there for one option for MY19/20 mode front recovery points which bolt onto the front lower sway bar assembly but you require a bridle strap to equalize the load when recovering.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi Daniel,
    Thanks for the information - very detailed and informative. I have looked at the web site you sent across and looked at the recovery points. Have you got these already and have you fitted them? If so are you able to send a picture or two? Would you happen to know if you can snatch off these point as well or is it only for a slow tow?

The recovery points i was referring to are here Net4x4-vw-amarok-recovery-points-ARB bar

Given your experience with VWs, would the figment of these recovery points impact/void the warranty in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    Hi there,

Well for now I’ve decided not to install a bullbar as I don’t need it for the 4wding I’m doing.

As for the front recovery points I’ve found some on eBay that bolt to the lower sway bar assembly, but you need to purchase a bridle strap to even put the load when recovering.

Here is the link for this type of front recovery point

YBOB - Volkwagen Amarok Front Recovery Points

As for the snorkel it is mainly for me to get colder cleaner and forced air into the engine. How ever I do go through some river crossings.

Muddy water and alternators do not mix well.
    I’ve discovered that the hard way with my 4 cylinder rok.

I’m a VW mechanic/ auto electrician so I have lots of experience with these vehicles.

The snorkel I used is the safari V spec snorkel and it was $500 from eBay. And took 4.5 hrs to install and make it water tight.

Hope that sheds some light.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Daniel, very helpful and good to know that there is a VW mech/sparky here in Brisi, could be useful at some stage...

Cheers,
    Jurg

Users Country Flag

Fuse diagram for 2020 Amarok!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    Hi there,

Well for now I’ve decided not to install a bullbar as I don’t need it for the 4wding I’m doing.

As for the front recovery points I’ve found some on eBay that bolt to the lower sway bar assembly, but you need to purchase a bridle strap to even put the load when recovering.

Here is the link for this type of front recovery point

YBOB - Volkwagen Amarok Front Recovery Points

As for the snorkel it is mainly for me to get colder cleaner and forced air into the engine. How ever I do go through some river crossings.

Muddy water and alternators do not mix well.
    I’ve discovered that the hard way with my 4 cylinder rok.

I’m a VW mechanic/ auto electrician so I have lots of experience with these vehicles.

The snorkel I used is the safari V spec snorkel and it was $500 from eBay. And took 4.5 hrs to install and make it water tight.

Hope that sheds some light.

Hey Daniel,

Given you are a sparky on these things, maybe you can shed some light on the issue of having no fuse diagram/documentation for the current generation of Amaroks (has been posted on this site previously)? I will be installing a Dash cam and need to provide switched and constant power from the fuse box using one of these: Original Viofo A129 A119 V3 Car Camera 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit Cable HK3 For Parking Mode optional Mini/Micro2/ATC/ATS Fuse Tap|Cables, Adapters & Sockets| - AliExpress but can't find figure out which of the fuse types I would need for my Amarok (don't have the car yet, but wanted to order the bits). I also need to know which fuse ID would be best for me to use, and hoping to avoid the multi-meter if possible

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Hey Daniel,

Are you able to shed some light on the lack of Fuse diagrams/documentation about current generation Amaroks? Seems that VAG have given up on providing that documentation.

Reason I ask is that I am looking to install a Dash Cam in my new Highline when it arrives, but need to provide the Cam with both switched and permanent power supplies for the hardwire kit to work properly. They provide the fuse piggy backs but these must be selected based on the type of Fuse the Amaroks have (interior box), which so far I don't know (Mini, Micro2, ATS or ATC).

Brand new 2020 amarok high line-screenshot-2021-01-14-102610-jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers

Anybody purchased a 2020 Highline black edition recently ; what drive away prices are achievable? Thanks in advance, Brett.

Will have to revise purchase decision. No B.E. Available. 2020 580 Highline - anybody purchased recently ( price ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by canucka View Post
    Hey Daniel,

Are you able to shed some light on the lack of Fuse diagrams/documentation about current generation Amaroks? Seems that VAG have given up on providing that documentation.

Reason I ask is that I am looking to install a Dash Cam in my new Highline when it arrives, but need to provide the Cam with both switched and permanent power supplies for the hardwire kit to work properly. They provide the fuse piggy backs but these must be selected based on the type of Fuse the Amaroks have (interior box), which so far I don't know (Mini, Micro2, ATS or ATC).

Brand new 2020 amarok high line-screenshot-2021-01-14-102610-jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Hi mate, sorry i dont get on here much sometimes.

Usually under the center of the steering wheel are 2 fuses for accessory power. You can plug your piggy back wire into this. Check for switched power with a 12V test light to confirm. The fuse
    Box diagrams are all over the places for amaroks

Quote Originally Posted by Rok&AOR View Post
    Thanks Daniel, very helpful and good to know that there is a VW mech/sparky here in Brisi, could be useful at some stage...

Cheers,
    Jurg
    Yes any issues just sing out!

Dan Brand new 2020 amarok high line

I have the net 4x4 recovery points on my 2018 and you can definitely snatch off them. They were a little fiddly to install being one bolt has the radiator hose in the way but it can be done.

I just wired a EGT/Boost gauge into mine as used the narva add a circuit connectors. they are brilliant. Fuse box in bottom right corner of dash under steering wheel. Just have to pull a little tab down to access. Good luck getting a fuse diagram as I could not find one. test light was the only option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast