Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brand new 2020 amarok high line

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    Hi there,

Well for now I’ve decided not to install a bullbar as I don’t need it for the 4wding I’m doing.

As for the front recovery points I’ve found some on eBay that bolt to the lower sway bar assembly, but you need to purchase a bridle strap to even put the load when recovering.

Here is the link for this type of front recovery point

YBOB - Volkwagen Amarok Front Recovery Points

As for the snorkel it is mainly for me to get colder cleaner and forced air into the engine. How ever I do go through some river crossings.

Muddy water and alternators do not mix well.
    I’ve discovered that the hard way with my 4 cylinder rok.

I’m a VW mechanic/ auto electrician so I have lots of experience with these vehicles.

The snorkel I used is the safari V spec snorkel and it was $500 from eBay. And took 4.5 hrs to install and make it water tight.

Hope that sheds some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a question.

Bought a tow bar kit with Jaegar CANtrol but the wiring interface between controller and car is not compatible. The ebay vendor has since gone to ground and won't honor a return or replacement. Although the kit is touted to fit Amaroks from 2010 to current, it does not appear to be compatible with mine (M21). The supplied towbar interface adapter has one large and one small plug, but the wiring loom on mine has two of the smaller plugs - unless I'm looking in the wrong spot but I couldn't see any other leads under the dash.
    What I'm after is the correct wiring adapter for a '21 Rok that can plug into the Jaegar unit.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    Hi there,

Well for now I’ve decided not to install a bullbar as I don’t need it for the 4wding I’m doing.

As for the front recovery points I’ve found some on eBay that bolt to the lower sway bar assembly, but you need to purchase a bridle strap to even put the load when recovering.

Here is the link for this type of front recovery point

YBOB - Volkwagen Amarok Front Recovery Points

As for the snorkel it is mainly for me to get colder cleaner and forced air into the engine. How ever I do go through some river crossings.

Muddy water and alternators do not mix well.
    I’ve discovered that the hard way with my 4 cylinder rok.

I’m a VW mechanic/ auto electrician so I have lots of experience with these vehicles.

The snorkel I used is the safari V spec snorkel and it was $500 from eBay. And took 4.5 hrs to install and make it water tight.

Hope that sheds some light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a question.

Bought a tow bar kit with Jaegar CANtrol but the wiring interface between controller and car is not compatible. The ebay vendor has since gone to ground and won't honor a return or replacement. Although the kit is touted to fit Amaroks from 2010 to current, it does not appear to be compatible with mine (M21). The supplied towbar interface adapter has one large and one small plug, but the wiring loom on mine has two of the smaller plugs - unless I'm looking in the wrong spot but I couldn't see any other leads under the dash.
    What I'm after is the correct wiring adapter for a '21 Rok that can plug into the Jaegar unit.

Users Country Flag
    As far as bullbars, winch mounts and recovery points - have a look at the Rhinos. They're not just a steel bullbar with winch mount, anchor points and bash plate - nup, they are a replacement bumper. Get 'em color matched and they look like the car came out of the factory with them fitted, rather than a bull bar add-on.
    If you fit them yourself you can save a grand. $500 for them to fit it but if your bumper is in good shape, you can sell that and make another 5.

Users Country Flag

Daniel,
    looking for some help regarding a tow pack. Should be right up your street.
    Ebay vendor supplied me with a tow kit that stated it was compatible from 2010 to current. Mine is a M21 (2021 model) but problem is that the interface cable supplied with the Jaegar Canbus trailer connector is not compatible with the vehicle harness. The ebay vendor refuses to take returns, in spite of the fact that there appear to be issues about compatability.
    Where do I go to get the appropriate connector between vehicle harness and the trailer controller? Is there some sort of nominated Australian agent for this stuff?

As far as towpacks, hooks and recovery issues go, have any of you blokes had a look at the Rhino bull bars? Looks like a normal bumper bar. It's a replacement unit. You get 'em color matched to your vehicle, remove your old bumper and sell it on ebay, and you get a replacement that looks like the original but is made of steel with alloy bash plate, winch mount and hooks.
    Last edited by Newkidontheblok; 09-08-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123