Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Better Than a Colorado ?

Users Country Flag

Any Better Than a Colorado ?

I am looking at these and am wondering if they are really any better than the standard utes on the market here in Oz?
    03 Bora 4Motion ... luv it

Users Country Flag
    No comparison Gator, you only have to stick your head in the cabin of the Colorado (which looks like it's made out of recycled oil bottles) to see that they are in different leagues. But don't take my word for it, go test drive a Colorado & then an Uber ute. You will be impressed.

Oh mate, don't ever buy a Colorado unless you accept cracked steel, flimsy construction and an all
    Round average product. If you even considering the amarok, Colorado is a different market segment, Colorado is also almost half the size and the tub is tiny, if it holds together....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Come on, really!? The Colorado is a car that is about to be replaced (it's ollddddd! Especially being an old Rodeo underneath) and yet the Amarok is brand spankers, off a new platform with new engines and the like. After seeing the Amarok lined up against the rest of the utes last weekend at the Caravan, Camping and RV Show at Rosehill in Sydney, I can safely say the Amarok has a much stronger sense of quality. Plus, it drives a lot better than the rest of the utes. Defs look at one!
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Ive used to have a 4x4 cab chassis Holden Rodeo RA 2005 3.0ltr turbo diesel ute which basically is at the same spec as the current Colorado. Wasnt to bad overall did 175,000km in three years and it didnt miss a beat. I replaced that with a 2008 Hilux 4x4 3.0ltr Turbo diesel, which does feel a little soft and build quality is about the same as the colorado. I have placed an order for a Amarok to replace the Hilux.

I had a Amarok for the weekend and did 750kms in it, and it is miles ahead of Colorado. In overall size (Inside and out), Power of the 2litre engine is better, and the Amarok can be driven like a car due to its great road holding.
    99 Audi TT quattro + a few mods.... 2011 Runner up Best Audi Coupe @ the South East Dub Fest
    93 Audi 80 quattro prepping into track car
    76 Audi Fox

Amarok is nice, however the Colorado is a solid ute, anyone who says different is probly another one of those "my ute's better than yours because it's newer and flashier or has this or that badge on it".........don't become one of those fools. The Colorado is made mostly from Isuzu parts, albeit put together by holden but the engine and other important parts are Isuzu and that's what matters. Now it may not be as refined or as car like but it is what it is, a well priced commerical ute with arguably the toughest drive train going around. I really like the Amarok and think it looks great however please don't bad mouth the Colorado until you get some km's up on these amaroks cause i'd honestly be surprised if the engine in these is as durable as the Isuzu's unit which has proven to be a 400,000km engine so far

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kil0watt View Post
    Amarok is nice, however the Colorado is a solid ute, anyone who says different is probly another one of those "my ute's better than yours because it's newer and flashier or has this or that badge on it".........don't become one of those fools. The Colorado is made mostly from Isuzu parts, albeit put together by holden but the engine and other important parts are Isuzu and that's what matters. Now it may not be as refined or as car like but it is what it is, a well priced commerical ute with arguably the toughest drive train going around. I really like the Amarok and think it looks great however please don't bad mouth the Colorado until you get some km's up on these amaroks cause i'd honestly be surprised if the engine in these is as durable as the Isuzu's unit which has proven to be a 400,000km engine so far
    IMO, you're correct there and only time can prove the Amarok's durability and toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by kil0watt View Post
    So I am saying "my ute is better than your ute" without evidence? How about 2 in a company fleet, PLUS a D-max (in case you are wondering, it is identical) that continually have problems and bar the D-Max, the tubs are cracked on both the holden products, the D-max has only done 2000kms so it's just a matter of time.

Hell, great wall copied the isuzu product and made it better!

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Sometimes I think the VW fans have problems seeing the virtues of other brands. Whilst I'm on my 9th VW now, I'm about to buy a 2007 3.6 V6 petrol manual Holden Rodeo DC 4x4 .....

Why, because (1) I have owned an earlier (2000) V6 Rodeo and it was a great utility vehicle for us ..... nothing went wrong in 90000km and it had all (well almost) the power I needed from a DC ute, (2) its cheap, less than $25K for a low milage one, (3) The Amarok's still have to prove themselves to me and (4) there is no petrol version currently available in Australia. I have no inerest in the TDIs, especially the TTDI of which I have heard of a number of engine failures in overseas.

When a TSI Amarok arrives I will have a look and then possibly upgrade, but I'd have no issues keeping the Rodeo for a while, as unlike some others I don't suffer VW only blindness .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Sometimes I think the VW fans have problems seeing the virtues of other brands. Whilst I'm on my 9th VW now, I'm about to buy a 2007 3.6 V6 petrol manual Holden Rodeo DC 4x4 .....

Why, because (1) I have owned an earlier (2000) V6 Rodeo and it was a great utility vehicle for us ..... nothing went wrong in 90000km and it had all (well almost) the power I needed from a DC ute, (2) its cheap, less than $25K for a low milage one, (3) The Amarok's still have to prove themselves to me and (4) there is no petrol version currently available in Australia. I have no inerest in the TDIs, especially the TTDI of which I have heard of a number of engine failures in overseas.

When a TSI Amarok arrives I will have a look and then possibly upgrade, but I'd have no issues keeping the Rodeo for a while, as unlike some others I don't suffer VW only blindness .....
    can you provide a source for the engine failure's? I have not heard of any.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au - Australian Seikel Distributors.
    Zenec Headunits for VW/Skoda - http://www.wolf4x4.com.au/zenec-nc-2011d/
    www.ausamarok.com.au

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast