Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amarok Wheels and Tyres

Amarok Wheels and Tyres

18" all terrains with a some what decent and aggresive grip - do they exist in 255/60R18 that meet the Amarok speed and load ratings 112T. I have found some Continental/General Tyres on the market (Grabbers at2) but they are about a three month wait. Any suggestions would be great.

Users Country Flag
    whats with vw hopping all over the place on PCD's????????
    5x120, nothing else is load rated enough for a 16" steel wheel.
    vz 1ton commodore is the closest but it comes in at 100-150kg lesser rating, possible yes, legal no.
    surely offroading that route would be more appealing though instead of ruining nice 18" alloys?
    after driving one all weekend im throrughly impressed but i want wheels/tyres that are more... offroad friendly
    when a solution is found for useful wheels/tyres that are in the 16x8 to 16x10 range ill be listening, for the life of me though there is no legal way to do it at the time of me typing.
    VWDCQ - president, attempting to get air & water together to keep dubism alive
    STIDUB - my beetle, coilovers, EJ20T, LSD, work in progress
    Tiguan - daily, tow car 40,000km in one year of awesome driving.

STIDUB. Land/Rangerover, BMW are all 5x120. Not sure of load rating. There are a few Landrover in 16x8 around.
    '11 Polo TDi auto, White, Sunroof
    '91 Transporter syncro camper

Users Country Flag
    land/range is 120.7 technically, if you care about the minute differences between legal and not
    whats the centerbore like? hub rings would have to be mint to stop the wheels feeling oh so slightly 0val not rOund, yes its only 1mm but will the bolts seat correctly...
    ignoring the fact that your not towing 2.8T & 800kg load whild going along a 4x4 track the commo wheels should be adequate... 840kg rating instead of the 1060 that the tig has...
    personally ill take properly seated bolts & centerbore that only needs a .4mm ring over sorta kinda sitting properly, assuming your just going for a drive down a track with 1-3 mates on board without a caravan/giant boat.
    the pics from overseas on 20-24" wheels with low profiles would be interesting from a legal point too, the load rating on the factory wheels/tyres is crazy high, certainly wouldnt be done on tempe specials lol

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for from your post, but if it's a 16" steel, isn't that the wheel on the base Amarok's. Or else the T5's had those as well in a 5 x 120. Only 6" wide, but some off-roaders reckon tall/narrow profiles work better any-way.

Brian R.

Users Country Flag
    yeah the stock steelies are 16x6.5 great if you want to run rubber like troopcarriers use but if your more inclined to go balloon tyres your not given many options & thats what i was exploring. after talking to a few hilux owners from work though they seem to be more keen on street rubber for sand since it doesnt dig into it, just sits on top. i see the point but not sure what would reach its limit first, not too keen to try it straight up either.
    more research to be had, and hey, they arent going to stop building them anytime soon & my tig is just fine for now!

Ohhh this could be fun, i'm going to take my alloys off the Defender and put them on my amarok, mmmm the 35" simex might look tough...

Can you not get some standard steel rims banded/widened?

Here is a link to give you some idea, Obviously you dont want to go this wide but gives you the idea...

VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Rob

Users Country Flag
    Illegal in all states of Australia

Users Country Flag

I'm running the std Aldo 17" with 275/70R17 BFG M/T on a second set of rims with the STD 19" still sporting the OEM tyres. I will be putting Coopers LTZ's on when they wear out as they are a A/T and should be good for my driveway and the trip to Fraser next year. I have a a lift at the front end of 25mm and have been running round the bush quite happily, BUT I don't do Hard or Extreme 4x4. If you want to do that with an Amarok then I suggest you bring your wallet and make sure it's full.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast