Thread: Amarok what model is it?

Users Country Flag

Amarok what model is it?

Hi guys

I don't know too much about Amarok but saw the Amarok with the low milage and want to buy it.

I will use it for 4WD mostly (not hardcore- beach mostly) but I cannot get any information about this model. There is too much confusion. Some models are 2WD and most of them are 4WD.

There is a vin number, model number but I still have no idea if it is 4WD or 2WD only version.

How to get this information?

Rego says its 2015- 4x4 Model Amarok TDI420 8speed auto. but there is no 4WD button/lever inside the car. Other models I checked on photos have 3 buttons to the right of gear level (off, diff lock and off road). This model has only off and off road and the middle button-diff lock is missing).

Could you please advise?
    thank you
    Last edited by new; 02-02-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Users Country Flag
    All Australian delivered TDIs are 4wd. There was a 2wd version, but it came in a petrol variant. The auto's are full time, so no 4x4 button. You'll still have traction control, off road and rear diff lock buttons on the auto. No low range in the auto, but first gear is low enough to get away with that.
    Poke your head under and you'll see a front driveshaft. The 4motion badge on the tailgate is a giveaway too.
    Last edited by winchy; 02-02-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by winchy View Post
    All Australian delivered TDIs are 4wd. There was a 2wd version, but it came in a petrol variant. The auto's are full time, so no 4x4 button. You'll still have traction control, off road and rear diff lock buttons on the auto. No low range in the auto, but first gear is low enough to get away with that.
    Poke your head under and you'll see a front driveshaft. The 4motion badge on the tailgate is a giveaway too.
    There was no badge on the car or model info in rego check apart from TDI420 so I wasn't sure but thanks for the answer- all TDIs are 4WD so it makes sense- thanks a lot!

The auto has no low range...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk