Thread: Amarok water leak into passenger footwell

Users Country Flag

Amarok water leak into passenger footwell

Hi All,
    First car post, I'm seeking some information on how to fix a water leak into the passenger footwell of my 2016 4cyl manual Amarok.
    It has only happened a couple of times, and only when it rains or I wash the car, and the vehicle is parked at a certain angle. Car has been parked through a lot of rain over the last 3 months and no leaks, however it happened yesterday in the rain whilst the car was parked slightly nose down angle, but not when driving afterwards with the air con operating.

Happened once before, so I took it to the dealer and they cleared a drain (they didn't say which drain).

It comes from a round black component (approx 150mm wide) above the passenger's feet which may be part of the air con system.
    Any clues on what to check, or drains to clear?

Thanks,

Cheers
    Piper

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I think I'm on the way to answering part of my own question.
    I just had a good look and poke around.
    Found 2 gaskets not installed correctly.

1. The top white gasket which seals the air intake box under the windscreen to the tube taking fresh air into the vehicle.
    You can see clearly on the RHS where it hasn't been engaged properly.
    If you look carefully, you can see daylight coming back up from the footwell in a join of the tube parts.

2. Is the gasket at the other end of that tube. It was hard to photograph, sorry for the poor pics.
    But you can see the gasket groove hasn't been engaged onto the next component.

The next big question is:
    How hard is it to pull it apart and reinstall correctly?
    Any tips or tricks?
    Anything to be careful of?

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Piper

About 6 years ago I had a similar issue. Passenger footwell was very cold in winter. Found a gasket around a big plastic thing going through the firewall was not seated correctly.

Definitely took a few attempts to get it seated correctly. Not a fun job and I wouldn’t think of pulling anything from behind a dash apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk