Thread: Amarok TSI preventive maintanance

Users Country Flag

Amarok TSI preventive maintanance

Done with plenty swear words from the previous idiot who ever worked on my TSI, how do you not use proper tools and butcher things and use some much sealant where proper gaskets are needed. added some pics

Did all guides and chains, cam bridge, oil pressure release valve which was butchered with something, new oil, all filters, PCV, coil packs and plugs timing covers and sprockets, magnets too. it was a 2 day job and did not rush them.

What a difference this all made my TSI is running even better than before. VW techie gave me a list and I went for it biting the bullet knowing I get 12 months of peace of mind and used the correct tools and settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amarok TSI preventive maintanance-img-20211119-wa0018-jpg   Amarok TSI preventive maintanance-img-20211119-wa0017-jpg  

Amarok TSI preventive maintanance-img-20211119-wa0016-jpg   Amarok TSI preventive maintanance-img-20211119-wa0015-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Good job!
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Nice work mate!

I'm at 116,000km at looking into getting all this done fairly soon. How much did the APR coils set you back? I need them!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
    Nice work mate!

I'm at 116,000km at looking into getting all this done fairly soon. How much did the APR coils set you back? I need them!!
    They are about $180 for a set through Dubaddiction. Dub Addiction Note the APR coils are just R8 coils with an APR logo on them ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Right, cheaper than I thought. I have noticed at times a bump or two in the idle, I'm assuming these fix that by the sounds of it.

How many km's on your ute TSOTSI?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Here in SA the OEM were more expensive than the generic one and funny enough the APR coil were the cheapest option so why not I thought, also had that bump at idle its a bit better now, looking to de carbon next and do full service on brakes front and rear. my UTE has 180 000kms on her. must say after all this and filters its another vehicle.

Users Country Flag
    Ah right, I just saw you're in SA. Yes apparently this engine needs a tight service schedule and loves fresh oil, I do an oil change every 7500Km at the most.
    Is this the second timing chain for you're car at 180km?

Users Country Flag
    Good work on replacing all the timing gear - looks like the previous owner/mechanic butchered it. Id assume the timing chain/tensioner has already been replaced once before judging by the silicone on the timing case cover.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

well the old timing case had chaffing marks on so maybe was done prior to me, I bought it on 155 000kms and nursed it till now saving as I knew it would be a expensive and parts involved fix. but now I have more piece of mind. service her every 10 000kms, and was told by some backyard mechanic its to much every 10 000kms. I had WTF moment but hey left there swiftly and luckily the VW dealer I use on all my other VW`s knows me and what I expect so did not mind paying the extra and got a 12 month warranty.