Thread: Amarok test/review

Users Country Flag

Good result for Amarok.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie View Post
    Car Advice have posted a new review:

Volkswagen Amarok off-road review | Car Advice | Reviews

Of course they liked it a lot.
    I think a lot of 4WDing really comes down to experiences, knowledge and ability. All my "4WDING" as a teenager and uni student was done with crappy old underpowered fwd cars, constantly getting bogged, but you learn a lot when you don't gave the right car! So really when it comes to 4WD comparisons, I don't give them much thought, most of them are going to be equally capable for what most of us are going to be using them for e.g boggy bush tracks, beaches, dunes etc I can't see too many people taking their $80k Landcruiser or $70K Amarok up paths like this:

https://media.caradvice.com.au/image...ec4d253bdf.jpg

I lived in Saudi for a while too, a lot of 4wding there, mostly on beaches and dunes. The only cars that I never saw getting bogged were the little Suzuki 4Wds Sierras etc Everything else, Patrols, Landcruisers, Range Rovers would frequently get bogged. So yeah for me as long as it has ground clearance and the right tyres it's going to be good enough! What I liked about the Amarok when I first drove it was how well it drove on the road, so much better than my 2018 Prado.
    Last edited by zed; 05-05-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678