Support VWWC

Thread: Amarok spotlight options

Users Country Flag

Amarok spotlight options

Curious how people mount spotlights in this car without a bull bar...

I think this might be useful for others.. i searched for ages for a solution to how to mount spotlights on the ROK. tried a nudge bar but they just bounced too much, never wanted a bull bar as i just dont need it, so i eventually bought some steel tubing, and bar, and just made a bracket myself.

Ill note right now, i did not record the dimensions, and if there was enough people wanting , i could pull the front bar and measure all the bits i welded together..

Im an amatuer welder too, used a 2.6mm stick welder, dotn flame my welding skills.. so far, so good..

I think some small gussets for the tongues would be a good idea too but think i would have had to cut the grille to allow for that, so im happy with these as they are..
    Amarok spotlight options-20211218_182934_01-jpg
    Amarok spotlight options-20211218_173101-jpg
    Amarok spotlight options-20211218_173114-jpg
    Amarok spotlight options-20211218_173111-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I have had a Net4x4 spot mount for 6 years. Can DIY, i have two FYRLYT spots mounted. Unbreakable.
    Net 4x4 : VW Amarok Spotlight Mount

Users Country Flag
    How difficult was that to pull the bumper bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Newkidontheblok View Post
    How difficult was that to pull the bumper bar?
    It's really easy. Take number plate off as 2 fixings behind there and there is a fixing each side up in the guard just next to the headlights, where the bumper meets the guard. Then just undo the clips on front grille where bonnet meets and pull off.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dinogzav View Post
    It's really easy. Take number plate off as 2 fixings behind there and there is a fixing each side up in the guard just next to the headlights, where the bumper meets the guard. Then just undo the clips on front grille where bonnet meets and pull off.
    Ta. Saw the two clips under the guards, but figured I'll pressure clean under there before I start as car hasn't seen a car wash since the last 4wd expedition. Could barely make out the screws!

I'm also partial to welding everything in sight with a transformer welder and 2.6mm rods. Got my eye on the Full Boar 160 MIG/TIG/ROD welder at Bunnings for $399. TIG torch is extra. My access to a Lincoln electric MIG went out the window when my brother in law passed away from kidney failure and his family cleaned out his workshop of all our panel beating gear.
    Last edited by Newkidontheblok; 27-09-2022 at 07:49 PM.