Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amarok News

The new car needs to be a commercial so the Touareg isn't an option

Users Country Flag
    Airbags and kids in the back are mutually exclusive as the kids are protected by their car seats or booster seats. If they don't need a booster seat, they're too big for the back of an Australian crew cab. The rear room in all of them is frankly, CRAP! If you want a ute for the whole family, get an American pick up.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Airbags and kids in the back are mutually exclusive as the kids are protected by their car seats or booster seats. If they don't need a booster seat, they're too big for the back of an Australian crew cab. The rear room in all of them is frankly, CRAP! If you want a ute for the whole family, get an American pick up.
    Actually not true .... I had 3 teenagers (at the same time) in my Amarok numerous times, including 3 drives of 3500km return Brisbane to Thredbo over the years. It is very wide in the back (wider than any sedan and 3 adults can sit side by side without touching each other!) and leg space is good, not so great is the upright angle (less upright than most other dual cabs though) of the seat back. There are many, many cars out there that have far less space in the back.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Agree, I'm just shy of 6 foot and find enough leg room in back of my Amarok plus more than wide enough for 3 adults. Rear facing car seat slots in back-middle seat no problem, still good front seat leg room. Only reason to need an American truck is if towing say 4.5t. Back seat is actually pretty comfy too, better than my works MY19 Rangers.
    Last edited by wetaline2; 31-01-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Amarok Black Editions are out now .... hero colour is RED apparently (only 300 available in this colour)!

Black Editions are Highline spec with Ultimate's TDI580 engine.

At my local dealer .....
    Amarok News-blackline1-jpg
    Amarok News-blackline2-jpg

Have to say this colour scheme is old news ..... I have had it almost exactly like this for over 5 years ,,,,
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Are you updating Sharkie?

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Are you updating Sharkie?
    Maybe ....

Though its hard to justify another Amarok when we have a perfectly working one in the family ....

Note: The 580 highline also has the colour multifunction display and 19 rims.
    I'd wait till later this year as the Amarok is supposed to be getting some driver aids I was told by my local dealer..

Eventually it will get AEB, rear cross traffic alert, lane guidance, adaptive cruise, driver fatigue monitor, 8" multimedia screen (and they'll need side curtains for the 7 seat amarok suv if it ever goes ahead). This info from the following:
    "The recently released Crafter van is offered with AEB, rear cross-traffic alert, lane guidance and more.“The current [Amarok], it's offering what it’s offering, but we are planning to put this [technology] in now,” he said.“We started with the Crafter, and the next one will be the T, so the T6 will get all this, and the Caddy will be the next one. T is next year in Europe and next year also in the UK. I would say the beginning of 2020 most probably in Australia.”
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/volkswagen-amarok-2020-driver-aids-locked-in-71320
    Last edited by wetaline2; 08-02-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added more information

Latest Update in the News.
    VW are excited about partnering with Ford.
    Unfortunately they have no clue whats happening and no input on the next gen Amarok. But they are excited...
    Volkswagen 'excited' about Ford ute partnership | CarAdvice

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wetaline2 View Post
    Latest Update in the News.
    VW are excited about partnering with Ford.
    Unfortunately they have no clue whats happening and no input on the next gen Amarok. But they are excited...
    Volkswagen 'excited' about Ford ute partnership | CarAdvice
    Big Kev was excited too, and look what happened to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast