Thread: Amarok Headlight or Headlight Plug Removal

Users Country Flag

Amarok Headlight or Headlight Plug Removal

Hi all,
    I am in the process of fitting a Stedi light bar, easy they say, just cut the grill and bolt in the light and fit the plug and play harness, I can tell you now its an ar§e of a job.
    I finally gave up with the bracket install and pulled the bumper off after googling it, getting off was reasonable but getting it back on was a pig, especially trying to get the two bolts up under the wheel arch back in.

Anyway, now I am trying to fit the plug and play harness, well I would if I could get one of the headlight plugs apart, the one on the passenger side is tight to the loom so I tried the drivers side, I can get my hand on it but cant get it apart.

So my questions are, does anyone know how to get the plug out easily or failing that how does the HID headlamp assembly come out, I have taken the two screws out at the top but it wont budge, hoping I dont have to remove the bumper again…..
    Any assistance gratefully received

Users Country Flag
    Can you upload a photo of the plug? Many plugs on VW’s have a coloured locking tab that must be slid out before you can pop the plug off.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Update on this, I finally gave up on the plug and removed the bumper again the next day, I found 2 more screws under and to the side of the headlight which let me pull the passenger side one forward enough to get to the plug and remove it.
    After that fairly easy to wire and test prior to putting the bumper back on, I am an expert on Amarok bumper removal now….
    I would definitely say the install was not as easy as Stedi would have you believe, that being said the light output is nothing short of outstanding so in the end it was worth the pain.
    I am away at the moment but will try and post some pics when I get back.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoys View Post
    I am an expert on Amarok bumper removal now…..
    I hear you... I had mine off 3 or 4 times doing the spotlight bracket. hint: if you remove the grille from the bumper, and put it on last, its much easier refitting the bar...