Support VWWC

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amarok DPF issues

Quote Originally Posted by doinitsideways View Post
    I’d like to know more about what my dpf is up to... I’m not worried about it or anything.

I used OBD Fusion this morning on the way to work and noticed the egr gas temps jump from 350ish to nearly 700 ish on my way to work, assume this is the burn happening.

Has anyone got any iOS app that’s as good as VAG DPF for info??

Cheers,
    JB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For apple only your ears.... Amarok DPF issues.

The revs will go around 900 RPM when idling when engine is at running temperature.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’ve noticed the jump in revs... and again, not concerned, I just drive like usual.

But I’m curious to see some of the info that’s available... especially to give a baseline in case there are issues 100 thou from now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know how much soot is too much? I have fixed my issue with VAG DPF and have also installed Torque on my phone. I have 20 grams of soot currently showing and 248km since my last burn.

Quote Originally Posted by frednerkenstein View Post
    Anyone know how much soot is too much? I have fixed my issue with VAG DPF and have also installed Torque on my phone. I have 20 grams of soot currently showing and 248km since my last burn.
    Don't worry she will eventually do a burn.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=Kachingg;1297734]My Alltrack diesel regens every 300 kilometers regardless of my driving or conditions have had it start a regen coming off a offramp after a 400 kilometer 110kph non stop run!
    I like transporter use a fuel additive and every 5000k a regen additive i have not had any issues with dpf lights or limp modes[/QUOTE

Do you see any white puff of smoke when you take off during regen at the lights??

Users Country Flag

Dpf

Do you see any white puff of smoke when you take off during regen at the lights??

I have had my Core 420 for 3 years now and 45k. It's used mainly for long trips; 200+km at a time on country roads. I have not seen the dpf burn light come on yet. I do have a catch can though, maybe that makes a difference.

Users Country Flag

Amarok DPF issues

Quote Originally Posted by Core420 View Post
    I have had my Core 420 for 3 years now and 45k. It's used mainly for long trips; 200+km at a time on country roads. I have not seen the dpf burn light come on yet. I do have a catch can though, maybe that makes a difference.
    When you drive longer trips, you most likely will never see the DPF light.

When I had TDI420 Amarok, I haven’t seen the DPF light despite my trips were usually short but had longer one once a week or two.

The V6 TDI wants to regenerate bit more often approximately every 300km and does throw out the DPF light with message “DPF See Owner’s Manual” after which I recommend you don’t turn the engine off. Just drive in S mode somewhere with less traffic lights until the DPF light turns off.

Using good fuel additive (like Nulon Diesel Fuel Detox) 100% of time will help to reduce the soot particles and significantly shorten time needed for regeneration. I also use Penrite DPF Cleaner every 3,000km.

Users Country Flag
    No i don't notice any white smoke on take off

I use liquid moly diesel clean and boost for every tank of fuel seems to work well and i notice a little less diesel clatter and a bit more torque due to slightly higher cetane level probably only noticeable because it's tuned
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Core420 View Post
    Catch can makes no different to DPF regens - it only helps to capture some of the blow by and stop that goes through your engine. Not sure about the Amarok, but no other VW, Skoda or Audi TDI that ive been in have had any kind of light or indication that the DPF is doing a regen. My 2015 Audi SQ5 does a regen every 500-600km and i use an app called VAGDPF to monitor it, and there is absolutely zero chance that the driver could know the car is doing a regen without the app.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast