Support VWWC

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Amarok DPF issues

[QUOTE=lloydus67;
    had to get it deleted after 5 attempts to have it fixed. I wish I knew about CRD back then.
    Join modrok facebook group for extensive information and like minded Amarok owners
    Lloyd

[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the info on obd11 - unfortunately 2 problems with the above - without getting into a slanging match (and I wont mention the dealer) - but it was a CRD dealer. I had a similar experience - had it reflashed 3 or 4 times - and was made out that I was the problem. Funny that once the flash was removed - issues went away.....
    Facebook - yeah, I dont do social media. Was sort of across some of their stuff back in the ausamarok days and then heard about the infighting on modrock (which is/used to be run by crd or one of their dealers).
    Nice to actually just get some real UNBIASED opinions as above

Where in QLD are you? I can highly recommend Coolum motors, I probably wouldn’t get a tune without the dpf delete. I’m sure it would work, but the dpf and egr are the Amarok’s Achilles heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lloydus67 View Post
    I’m just about to buy an ODB 11

It’s not restricted to a particular vin or car model, suits all VW/ Audi group vehicles as well as bmw.
    It can do a forced Regen and much more. The pro licence (just pay an extra fee) allows you to change as much as vcds.
    To be honest though, I would delete and tune using CRD Tuner, they do very reliable tunes and are all over the country.
    I’m very happy with my V6 since I had it fixedAmarok DPF issues
    I had my 4 cylinder tuned by Roo systems and had to get it deleted after 5 attempts to have it fixed. I wish I knew about CRD back then.
    Join modrok facebook group for extensive information and like minded Amarok owners
    Lloyd

The OBD 11 you show - is that aliexpress or temu or something?
    Anyone got one from there and confirm they work properly, I assume you dont need to purchase credits or whatever it is?
    I am probably most likely inclined to go this route, but the whole purchasing credit thing seems like a joke.

As an update - amarok went to dealer, they did a forced regen, tried to charge me for the privilage..... (politely told them that wasnt going to be happening)

Quote Originally Posted by lloydus67 View Post
    I’m just about to buy an ODB 11

It’s not restricted to a particular vin or car model, suits all VW/ Audi group vehicles as well as bmw.
    It can do a forced Regen and much more. The pro licence (just pay an extra fee) allows you to change as much as vcds.
    To be honest though, I would delete and tune using CRD Tuner, they do very reliable tunes and are all over the country.
    I’m very happy with my V6 since I had it fixedAmarok DPF issues
    I had my 4 cylinder tuned by Roo systems and had to get it deleted after 5 attempts to have it fixed. I wish I knew about CRD back then.
    Lloyd

That OBD11 you show - is that aliexpress or temu or similar? Does it require credits? Anyone confirm they work without issue?
    Im inclined to probably go that way rather than getting a tune etc (ends up being $1500 + excercise)

As an update - amarok went to dealer, they did a forced regen, and handed me a bill for the privilage (to which I politely told them I would not be paying it)

Users Country Flag
    ^ that OBD11 shown above is very cheap. Very cheap. Almost too good to be true. What are the chances its a Chinese knock off?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Amarok DPF issues

Yes it is from AliExpress (I’m not actually sure that you can buy them anywhere else), yes it is pretty cheap. Yes you need credits to pay for the pro or ultimate license to complete more complex tasks, but you can do basic tasks like dpf Regen with the basic license. No it will not give you more power like a tune will.
    Finally yes I have seen them used and they work.
    Lloyd

Last edited by lloydus67; 16-04-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789