Support VWWC

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amarok DPF issues

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Yeah, you maybe on something there with after delivery when they idle the Amarok for extended period of time.
    I had no issues with mine and do a lot of short trips mainly in the city and except a slight RPM increase in idle speed, there's nothing that would bother me, it does it's regen without any fuss.
    Though, I always use the fuel additive and every 3,000km I use a bottle of Penrite DPF Cleaner.

Did you sort out your wet road handling issues yet? What was wrong with it, was it the wheel alignment?
    Dealer mentioned they can spend a lot of time idling while coming off the boat/holding yard/transported to dealer getting sooted up.

Re wet handling issues, it's a combo of a few things I think. The under steer is definitely a trait of the AWD that I wasn't used to. Upping the front tyre pressure 20% above VW spec made a big difference and I think it's got better with more miles on the tires too.That seems odd to me as tyres are normally scrubbed pretty early - never had any that were still improving @ 5K.

Interesting re the DPF additives. I've used Fuel Doctor pretty religiously in the past but not used anything in the Amarok yet. Did get the monthly special from Wurth with some aerosol type cleaner that you squirt into the DPF I think. Was about $40 - any experience with that type of cleaner ?

Users Country Flag
    This is the Wurth DPF cleaner YouTube

Dealer also told me the car won't do a burn with less than 1/4 of a tank but I've had them start while in the red zone - anyone else notice this ?
    Last edited by V6 Rok; 16-06-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Rok View Post

Dealer also told me the car won't do a burn with less than 1/4 of a tank but I've had them start while in the red zone - anyone else notice this ?
    Yes same. Burning process did start with less than quarter. Every 250 or 300 km she does a burn as long as she is hot enough. I do a lot of short trips but I know when DPF is ready to do a burn.
    So sometimes I need to go for a drive just to avoid problems.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Rok View Post

Yeah. Dealer mechanic confirmed this. My big issue with it all is, why do we only find out all this stuff after we have paid our coin? Well, I guess I know the answer but still it irks me.

What is this app that you are measuring your DPF with? I tried VAG DPF app but could not get it to talk to my car.

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeo View Post
    Yes same. Burning process did start with less than quarter. Every 250 or 300 km she does a burn as long as she is hot enough. I do a lot of short trips but I know when DPF is ready to do a burn.
    So sometimes I need to go for a drive just to avoid problems.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by frednerkenstein View Post
    Yeah. Dealer mechanic confirmed this. My big issue with it all is, why do we only find out all this stuff after we have paid our coin? Well, I guess I know the answer but still it irks me.
    If your previous AMAROK was TDI, then nothing should change for you, the V6TDI is not any different and as long as your trips are around 15km (or the same as in past) you should have no issues with the DPF in your new Amarok.

Only very early DPF diesels didn’t like short trips and 99% of those that had issues with the DPF not regenerating had faulty DPF Pressure Sensor. Since then the technology had improved.

Though, if you drive only 1km or 2km to the buss/train station or similar, then you will have a problem with any car unless it’s full electric.

They are about 15km each way each day with longer trips on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    If your previous AMAROK was TDI, then nothing should change for you, the V6TDI is not any different and as long as your trips are around 15km (or the same as in past) you should have no issues with the DPF in your new Amarok.

Users Country Flag
    They are about 15km each way each day with longer trips on the weekend.
    It should be sufficient.
    I’d just put a bottle of Penrite DPF Cleaner in half the tank of fuel or less (30L) and did one longer trip to see if it settles.

Amarok DPF issues

What is this app that you are measuring your DPF with? I tried VAG DPF app but could not get it to talk to my car.
    The last screen shot is using torque and custom Pids.

But Vag DPF definitely works, you have to use engine 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jeromeo; 18-06-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeo View Post
    The last screen shot is using torque and custom Pids.

But Vag DPF definitely works, you have to use engine 10.
    Jeromeo thanks for sharing the info on the VAGDPF app for Android. I use an iPhone but will happily buy a cheap Android phone or tablet to get the ability to see DPF info on my car. My engine code is CGQB (3.0TDI V6 bi-turbo) which is not listed as being supported, so i will try the free version first and see if it works.

Would you mind confirming which type of OBD2 dongle you are using too?
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 18-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast