Thread: Amarok clutch SACHS or LUK?

Users Country Flag

Amarok clutch SACHS or LUK?

Hi guys, any idea which is the higher rated clutch for 4cyl Amarok? Mechanic is happy to install either a LUK or SACHS clutch kit and at the moment i'm swinging towards LUK as it's about $200 cheaper installed.

My ute is a petrol TSI E888 stage 1 APR tuned making 190kw 430nm at the wheels. Have been doing some research on Facebook Amarok forums and most recommend the LUK kit for the diesel which apparently is also thrown in an Exedy box and sold at a higher price.

Read some old VW GTI threads stating the SACHS was able to hold more power, can anyone confirm?

Users Country Flag
    Perhaps research if the V6 manual TDI's clutch will fit. The 2.0 TSI and 2.0 TDI boxes are very similar, so maybe that would work ...

SACHS makes performance versions of their clutches, they have 1 for the TSI Performance Clutch VW Amarok - 3000950937-S

In fact its the same part number as the BiTDI performance clutch, so should cope well up to ~480NM
    Last edited by Sharkie; 23-06-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Current: 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 2017 Mustang GT manual Race Red with mods now making 370kw
    10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeah i'm pretty sure the V6 is different. TDI & TSI 4cyl are the same unit.

The Sachs performance unit looks good but will be expensive to ship from EU as only available overseas.

There are some single mass options out there as well as HD kits from places like Xtreme Outback but have read bad things about these.

From all accounts the LUK or SACHS standard kit should be ok but the modifying disease I have says otherwise haha!