Support VWWC

Thread: Amarok Big Brakes

Users Country Flag

Amarok Big Brakes

Has anyone tried to see if the front Brembo brakes on a Touareg will fit onto a Amarok?

Users Country Flag
    Won't fit (easily) the stud pattern for 1 is different (5x120 vs 5x130). Look for an Amarok V6 at the wreckers, it has better brakes (larger front and rear discs) than the 2014 models.

Aftermarket brake upgrades are also available.

Note the fronts (Amaroks circa 2014) has 2 pot front callipers already, so good discs and performance pads are all you really need. I have over 200kw and the front brakes have no issues pulling the beast up.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that, Stud pattern is one thing I didn't look at. I just assumed they would be the same.
    I don't mind the brakes on it when I am empty however I will be towing a 2T boat up and down some
    very steep windy road to Batemans Bay.
    Will look for the v6 brakes then or maybe just bite the bullet and get a set from Rugged after tax time.

Users Country Flag

Agree. Better pads and rotors and use the gearbox a bit more.

Even the Audi air scoops which seem to fit almost any VAG product

Have you ever actually run out of brakes?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums