Thread: Amarok accessories, what did you fit to yours?

Users Country Flag

Amarok accessories, what did you fit to yours?

It’s not the full list what’s available, it’s only what I’ve considered or what pleases my eyes and as the title sais, what did you or what do you consider to fit to your Amarok?

Bull bars and bumper bars replacements

ARB Summit bull bar – full steel, offers very good protection against front impact, can even be fitted with side bar that will protect front guards. Disadvantages, heavier, not as aesthetically pleasing.

Rival – full bumper replacement. Made from 6mm thick aluminium, very strong, but will not protect your vehicle front and more importantly radiator as well as a bull bar does against front impact. Advantages – lighter, allows you to fit the winch and enhances appearance.

Rhino - steel full bumper replacement. The same as Rival, can be fitted with winch.

Sides steps, Rock slide bars
    Many options out there, choosing the one that gives some form of side protection and will protect the seal panels when driving over the rocks should be priority, since the impact on appearance is not significant. The genuine ones look nice but won’t protect your seal panels if you drive over the rocks,

Rear bumpers, Steps

ARB – very practical include the tow bar, with protected compartment for the Anderson plug, Air line connector, Reverse camera connector.
    Also too many options out there to list. Some will protect lower sides right up to the mud flaps. Some features to consider are; in build recovery points, options to use recovery jack, option to fit jerrycan holder(s), spare wheel holder(s). Many can be had with inbuilt towbar.

Roof racks
    Too many to list.
    Rhino looks good. Some will allow you to easily fit solar panels and other accessories.

Canopies
    ARB Ascent - made from plastic, plug n play wiring, so no cutting into vehicle el.harness. Very good aesthetics, central locking, no ugly handles on the side widows, though it makes me puzzled would some one wanted to have the side windows in the load compartment when there’s on one seating there to look out? Wouldn’t it be more practical to put there solar panels? if you must have the glass windows to expose your cargo. There’s no option to delete the side glass windows.
    Some canopies are made from fibreglass and there’s at least one made from steel, but has ugly vinyl from the inside, which can’t be very practical (can rip easily).
    Last edited by Transporter; 20-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.

ARB Summit bar Color coded with Zeon 10k winch.
    Safari Snorkel
    STEDI led fog lights with Sahara bar kit
    Arb Bushranger 450mm led light bar
    Net4x4 catch can kit
    Net4x4 bilstein 2inch lift kit
    Projecta dcdc charger with dual battery in tub
    Waeco 75l dual zone fridge on custom built slide.

My ARB did a great job. I agree the rival bars look great and have built in recovery points, (need to get the net 4x4 recovery points to suit the summit bar), but at least I know the arb bar will stand up to a decent roo strike with the hoops.

Next for me are bigger tyres and the net 4x4 recovery points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Nice ROK, the gray suits it well.

Yes, you’re right about the bull bar.
    I’m getting the ARB Ascent canopy fitted on Wednesday, then everything else I’ve planned for it should follow.

I’ve ARB Summit bar in my garage waiting to be fitted when I have some spare time. Though, I’m so tempted to get the Rhino bar instead and either sell the Summit bar or hang it on the wall and just swap it when we go for a big trip.

They need to cut the original plastic bumper to fit the arb bar whereas I believe the rhino replaces the whole thing. So if you swap them over you’ll need that little infill or just leave a hole there??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drawer systems

There are many drawer systems in the market, however this one stands out and might be one of the best out there;

The ARB Drawers
    They don’t lock in the open position, so will slide in and out when opened and parked on the slope. They also don’t open fully, are made of galvanised steel sheet, so they’re heavy compared to MSA brand or even home made ones from plywood. On the plus side they should last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Transporter; 11-06-2019 at 06:26 PM.

More details on the MSA drawer system MSA4x4 drawer units for 4WDs

Anyone tried the Genuine VW running boards? The Highlines up come with tubes and step treads and new highline 580 black comes with tubes (no steps), but you can option the flat running boards. Anyone got a pic or comments?
    I currently have MCC sidesteps (sliders with the flat treadplate on top) which work ok but are a little agricultural.

The genuine ones aren’t strong enough. They’re only for looks.