Thread: After Market Head Units

After Market Head Units

Hi,
    Im having issues with my head unit and its out of warranty and tge dealer is telling me to get an aftermarket replacement.
    I havent found much inline yet and windering if anyine can point me to how to find out more or share their setups.

I want a unit where everything works like or better than the original. I have a 2014 highline and I have an RNS315 but what i want is

- My after market reverse camera or a new one to work while showing the front and back ultrasonics
    - all steering wheel controls
    - airconditioning feedback? Not a deal breaker i suppose.
    - obviously bluetooth with Android phones.
    - Navigation that uses the phone is fine. Doesnt need to be built it.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Why not just get a 2nd hand replacement but genuine head unit? They are pretty affordable.

That is a thought. Where would someone find one? Ebay and Gumtree?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

There's plenty on ebay if you look for genuine sellers and good feedback - plus you have 30 days returns on most things if they are duds.
    I got my RCD510 from ebay from someone with good feedback - has been fine for over 12months and only cost me $150.
    Although I also bought rosstech to recode the canbus to take a reverse camera on it as well, so cost was a little higher.
    Got a genuine VW reversing camera from VAG direct for just over $100.

So all up I went from a 2012 Rok with 2 line black and white head unit (RCD310?) to a RCD510 and genuine reverse camera for $250-$300 - installed it all myself.