Thread: Active Dispay

Users Country Flag

Active Dispay

I have a nee ROK due for delivery at end of the month. Was curious to know if anyone knows if the VW active Display will fit and work in a 2021 Amarok?
    I have done some google searching and forum search but cant find anything on it with the ROK.

Users Country Flag

Won't work. The Amarok is whole generation older than the cars the active displays are found in. The electronic modules would all be incompatible and to change all of them plus the display you'd be looking at $5000+ and even then the coding would be a nightmare (and probably impossible).

Even going from the pre-MY14 to post-MY14 clusters (still not active) requires many modules and very specialized coding. Kamold has done that once before, I doubt he'd want to do it again in a hurry .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...