Thread: 2019 Amarok 12V socket in rear tub

Users Country Flag

2019 Amarok 12V socket in rear tub

Hi guys
    Can someone please tell me what fuse number feeds that rear 12V socket, and also whether it is switched by aux or ignition on, or powered up always? Looking to use it as the trigger for the DCDC charger sensing wire rather than having to run the trigger wire all the way into the cabin to pick up an ignition on circuit
    thanks

Users Country Flag
    Dont know about the ROk but the TIg has a page in the manual with pics and a list of what each fuse is for.. Have you had a look in there??
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hey maccaman,

Not sure as I don't have the tub 12v aux, but I've found the below link helpful in identifying the fuses I need in the past.

Fuse Box Diagram Volkswagen Amarok (2010-2017)

Good luck, let me know if I can help!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I've got the 2020 amarok highline and I'm also digging for fuse box diagrams for the blackvue dash camera power magic pro control module.

B+
    Ig+
    Earth -

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    I've got the 2020 amarok highline and I'm also digging for fuse box diagrams for the blackvue dash camera power magic pro control module.

B+
    Ig+
    Earth -
    Just meter them out isnt there a list of fuses in your manual Is for a TIG

You need a perm power for B acc power for Ig and find a screw thats into metal for the earth and two Addafuses
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccaman194 View Post
    Hi guys
    Can someone please tell me what fuse number feeds that rear 12V socket, and also whether it is switched by aux or ignition on, or powered up always? Looking to use it as the trigger for the DCDC charger sensing wire rather than having to run the trigger wire all the way into the cabin to pick up an ignition on circuit
    thanks
    Hi @Maccaman194 , have you worked out where this fuse is located, I’ve got the same issue (2019 ROK Sportline), except my socket in the tub isn’t working at all. Checked the manual and online and can’t find a fuse box diagram for the post2017 Rok’s. However, the hint that fuses for the cig lighter and socketS in the cabin we’re under the steering wheel cover (not in the fuse box) was very helpful!

Any other hints welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rok&AOR View Post
    Hi @Maccaman194 , have you worked out where this fuse is located, I’ve got the same issue (2019 ROK Sportline), except my socket in the tub isn’t working at all. Checked the manual and online and can’t find a fuse box diagram for the post2017 Rok’s. However, the hint that fuses for the cig lighter and socketS in the cabin we’re under the steering wheel cover (not in the fuse box) was very helpful!

Any other hints welcome!
    The Aux socket in my tub never worked from new. I asked the dealer to look at it during the first service and they said the fuse was missing in the dash below the steering wheel. I had not touched it so it was either delivered this way or possibly the bloke who fitted the canopy when it was a week old removed it and never put it back.

Sherwy.

Correct, just taken delivery of 2020 Sportline, no power to top dash lighter socket or in the tub, remove the lower dash panel below steering column, drop tilt adjuster first, hidden fuse panel up under right side of column, the fuse for these is the bottom slot requires 10amp and once fitted you will have constant power to both. cheers but no thanks to google on this one it was voltmeter to every slot to find it

Does anyone know if the wiring for the 12V plugs is in the tub of the dash from factory as I’ve just ordered a Core which doesn’t have them.

12v socket fuses in a different place!

Just wanted to thank you for this - in the absence of any fuse box diagrams from VW I spent ages trying to work out which one had blown and I now realise I was looking in the wrong place.

I will upload a picture (if I can work out how) for other users.